Search for content in message boards

Tyus Cemetery

Tyus Cemetery

Tammie Tyus (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2002 5:06AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Tyus, Wilson, Roy, Golson
Could someone please tell me the directions to Tyus Cemetery in Autauga County, Alabama? I live in Montgomery, Alabama and I have family buried there and would like to go. Thanks!

Re: Tyus Cemetery

Posted: 18 Oct 2002 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Dec 2002 2:16AM GMT
HOW ARE YOU RELATED TO WILSON LINE???

Tammie Tyus (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2002 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Tyus, Wilson, Roy, Culver, Golson
My grandmother was Annie Ruth Wilson born May 6, 1921 in Deatsville, Elmore County, Alabama. She died in August 1999 in Montgomery, Alabama of Pancreatic Cancer.

Annie Ruth Wilson was 1 of 12 children of Mollie B. Culver born January 28, 1886 and George McDuffie Wilson born December 10, 1881 and died January 29, 1941. Mollie B. Culver and George McDuffie Wilson were married January 30, 1901.

Annie Ruth Wilson married Howard Lewis Tyus on July 23, 1940. Howard Lewis Tyus was born May 23, 1914 in Prattville, Autauga County, Alabama and died November 12, 1987 in Montgomery, Alabama at their home after an extended illness with Alzheimers Disease.

Are you related?

jjvarn (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2002 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: wyatt-- Darden/durden--Overstreet
I dont believ these names are in my line. I am kin to Wyatt-- Darden/durden--Overstreet. Thanksjjvarn

Posted: 18 Oct 2002 11:07PM GMT
I HAVE COME ACROSS THE NAME GEORGE MCDUFFIE WILSON IN MY GENEALOGY FILES. MY HUSBAND MOTHER, LUCINDA VICTORIA WILSON, WAS THE DAUGHTER OF HENRY GADDIS WILSON AND PARALEE BAZZELL FROM AUTAUGA CO ALABAMA BURIED IN LIBERTY BAPTIST CHURCH CEMETERY ON OLD HWY #31 NEAR DEATSVILLE. HENRY GADDIS WILSON FATHER WAS BENJAMIN FRANKLIN WILSON AND NANCY HULL BURIED IN COOSA RIVER / SHOAL CREEK CEMETERY IN ELMORE CO. ALABAMA. I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE FATHER OF MCDUFFIE, BUT AT FIRST WE THOUGHT HE BELONGED TO US AS WE WERE PUTTING TOGETHER OUR RESEARCH ON OUR WILSON LINE. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN WILSON HAD 16 CHILDREN, SO THERE WAS ALOT OF NAMES TO CHECK UP ON. WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME??

Posted: 22 Oct 2002 10:22PM GMT
DO YOU KNOW THE FATHER OF GEORGE MCDUFFIE WILSON???

Tammie Tyus (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2002 2:23AM GMT
I do not know the father of George McDuffie Wilson, but He still has 1 son living. I am planning on trying to call him within the next week. He lives right up the road from me. My great uncle, Lewis M. Wilson is the only child of 12 still living.

Posted: 27 Nov 2002 9:25PM GMT
my great-grand-father was benjamin franklin wilson married to nancy hull. george mcduffie wilson is buried in the same cemetery.how are they related??? benjamin franklin wilson father was william g. wilson married to catherine johnson. please help if you can and be sure to ask mcduffie son. i am trying to tie together all the wilsons from autauga, elmore, coosa co, alabama.

Posted: 22 Feb 2004 6:10PM GMT
Surnames: Duff Wilson, Benjamin F Wilson
Your Great grandfather, Geo McDuffie Wilson who was born in 1881 has to be from my Great grandfather's family (Benjamin Franklin Wilson-b in 1846), somehow. He is too young to be his brother, but could be his nephew. If your Geo Mcduffie's father was also a Geo Mcduffie Wilson, then he has to be his nephew. My Benjamin F Wilson had a brother they called Duff...Your Geo Mcduffie Wilson is buried in same cemetery with our Benj F, at the old Coosa River Primitive Babtist Church with Mollie. I saw his grave when I was there a few years back. But I knew he was too young to be his brother. I am trying to find them on the census reports, but can't find Duff with the other siblings. We think William G Wilson (m. Catherine Johnson) is their father, but can't find Duff and Ollie and Cliff with brothers Jesse, Benjamin, John, Thomas and sister Sarah. it makes me wonder if they were half siblings and had a different mother???
My email has changed to sbates167@bellsouth.net. Let me hear from you...

scott dawsey (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 9:00PM GMT
Hello Cuz
I have been there once, I might not be of any help because
I am doing this from memory, from Ivy Creek methodist
church head back towards Montgomery next cross road
take a left takke your first right on a dirt rd. dirt rd will take a sharp right headed back to the hwy, in that curve take a left
into that driveway ranch house at end of driveway, cemetery
is out in the field from the house. I didn't pay attention
Lewis Tyus was my gg grandfather William G. Tyus's
brother.
scott dawsey
Tuscumbia Al.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions