Search for content in message boards

Dupaquier - New Orleans

Dupaquier - New Orleans

Kelly Meyer (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dupaquier
Trying to find information on John Dupaquier (b6/24/1803 France,d6/24/1864 Perry Co.,Indiana). Married Mary J. Shoppie(??)(b6/15/1846 Switzerland, d4/11/1905)about 1846. He later moved to Louisville, Kentucky. He moved to Indiana in 1852. Need information on their siblings.

Re: Dupaquier - New Orleans

Posted: 10 May 2002 8:45AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2002 1:15PM GMT
hi there,
as a child my mother use to tell us about her first cousin,who died from a wagon or buggy accident,her name was elsie dupaquier.she was about 15 years old.her mother was agnes ryan dupaquier.elsie was born about 1910-1912.

jackie

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: Dupaquier
Elsie Dupaquier was my mother.
She was the daughter of Agnes Ryan Dupaquier
and Marcel Dupaquier. She did not die in accident
At 15 on fact she lived to age 90.
However she had a sister, Millie that
Died at 17 from T B.
I see you are a 1st cousin, do you know if
My grandfather, Marcel was born in America
Or France? If France, do you have any idea
What city? My mother told me he was from Alcese
Lorraine.
Judy

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 9:18PM GMT
Sorry Judy,I always got their names wrong.Agnes Dupaquier was my grandmothers sister,I have the whole Ryan family,if you need it.My e-mail is navymawmaw2@aol.com,feel free to drop a note,

Jackie

Posted: 13 Sep 2013 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Du Paquier
LOUIS P. DUPAQUIER is a native of Louisville, Ky., where he was born December 24, 1849, being the oldest son in a family of seven, five living, viz.: Louis P., Louisa (now Mrs. Grayson Falkenborough), Catharine ( who married John Falkenborough), John A.L., and Emile, born to John and Mary (Shoppie) Dupaquier, natives of France and Switzerland. They were married at New Orleans, and soon after located in Louisville where they remained several years. He moved and located in Oil Township in 1852, where he bought land and remained until his death, June 24, 1864, aged sixty-three. His wife is still living. They were Roman Catholics. Our subject was reared by his parents and received a fair education. He was married to Miss Salastine, daughter of Anthony and Mary (Mullagy) Humbert, and to this union six children were born, viz.: John A., Edward A., Benjamin E., Joseph L., William L. and Mary L. (deceased). Mrs. Salastine Dupaquier was born December 16, 1853. Mr. Dupaquier and his brother Emile are now engaged in general merchandising and in the lumber business on his farm. Our subject owns 303 acres of fair land, partially improved. He is a Democrat in politics. He and his wife are members of the Catholic Church. He is a substantial citizen.

"History of Warrick, Spencer and Perry Counties, Indiana - Oil Township" by Goodspeed Bros. & Co. - published in 1885

Buried in St. Croix, IN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions