Search for content in message boards

Anna Carlson obituary look-up

Anna Carlson obituary look-up

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 11:27PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Carlson
I was wondering if anyone could access an obituary digitally for an Anna Carlson who died March 27, 1971, in the area of Phillips, in Price County, Minn.

I would truly appreciate it; I primarily need to know what survivors are listed for her.

Thank you, thank you.

Colleen

Re: Anna Carlson obituary look-up

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 9:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Could this be your Anna Carlson?

Attachments:

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 11:01PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2013 11:06PM GMT
Oh, I wish it were! But my Anna's married name was Carlson, not her maiden name, and she was likely born in Minnesota (I have her census information prior to her marriage; her later life, sadly, is the problem). I suspect the Anna with this death date could be the right one, but I can't be sure without an obit listing survivors.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 2:20AM GMT
Colleen,
I grew up in the area, and if you could tell me her maiden name, what her husbands first name is, I may be able to help you more. :-)
Carmel

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 3:13AM GMT
I would contact the:
Heindl Funeral Home
304 N Avon Ave Phillips, WI 54555(715) 339-2313
I beleive they would know the history. I hope this helps you. Let me know. I grew up in the area, so they would probably have a lot of history.
Carmel

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 4:02AM GMT
Heindl Funeral Home doesn't keep obituaries with their records.
The name of the local (Phillips) newspaper is THE BEE. Since you know the death date, you can order a microfilm from Wis. Historical Society through Inter Library Loan at your library. WHS sends it to your library to be read there. Your library needs a microfilm reader. You don't have to live in Wisconsin for this service.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 4:07AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2013 4:13AM GMT
I'll try most anything, but I don't have her husband's first name. Her maiden name was Erickson, though she was raised by her foster parents, Andrew John Larson and Anna Elizabeth (Erickson) Larson, who ended up moving to Oregon. I don't believe she was ever legally adopted. Her son's name might have been Raymond Carlson.

She was born around 1887 in Minnesota. At the time her adopted parents each died, she was married with the last name Carlson and was living in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1932, and then in Webster, Wis., in Vernon County, in 1943.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 4:16AM GMT
Ooooh. I have no idea if our local library has a microfilm reader. I'm guessing not, but I'd have to look into that. Thank you for telling me about that option.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic