Search for content in message boards

How to copy fact/event to a second person?

How to copy fact/event to a second person?

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 2:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
In FTM2012 is there a way to copy a fact, such as a residence event with it's attendant source citation, to another person who was living in the same household at the time?

Or does this require a complete input replication of it all in order to provide the exact same info for the second individual?

Bill

Re: How to copy fact/event to a second person?

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 11:43AM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2012 11:44AM GMT
No, you can't.

You can copy and paste the citation, but not the fact itself.

You can come close by merging 1880 and later families in the census in one operation. FTM/Ancestry is still posting separate facts, but at least you are not doing the work.

Assigning multiple persons to a single fact/event, plus assigning roles those people play in the fact/event is often requested.

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 1:53PM GMT
Ok, thanks for the confirmation of what I suspected.

Yes I know how to handle 1880 and later census records for attaching to all family members.

My current situation is that I have many non-census related residence dates/locations to enter from my mother's diary keeping days. Dad was a construction foreman in the 30's and 40's and we really moved around a lot.

Thanks,

Bii

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 7:04PM GMT
Bill there is a way to do this in FTM2012 and even in Ancestry.com if you have trees synced. In FTM2012 you go to the person view of the person where the fact resides. Right click the fact and click Copy. Then go to the person view of the person to whom you wish to add the fact and right click and click paste. Done! Sync up to your Ancestry.com tree and it is done there too. You cannot do it in Ancestry.com as far as I can tell unless you have FTM2012 and follow the method above.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions