Search for content in message boards

Colonel W.W. Smith of Clear Lake

Colonel W.W. Smith of Clear Lake

angie denotter (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2004 9:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith
I'm looking for anything on Colonel W.W. Smith and/or his wife Katherine/Cahterine/Kate or Cate ( I've found her 1st name spelled all these ways.) They lived in Clear Lake township in Section 36, they owned 160 acres. An old paper clipping states that my grandparents were married at this home in June 1911. The Clear Lake cemetery records have Irvine Smith son of W.W. & K.A Smith dod 1881 at age of 17. And next to that grave is a large stone accross the top says"Catherine A. Smith beloved wife of W.W. Smith dod 1912", bottom half says "W.W. Smith" . There is no death date on stone and cemetery records are inconclusive as to wether he is buried there or not. I'm looking for any information on them, other children they may have had, siblings, parents, complete birth or death dates. Was he really a colonel from the war. Anything would be helpful. Thanks for your time. Angie Denotter

Re: Colonel W.W. Smith of Clear Lake

Posted: 5 Mar 2004 11:25PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2005 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
1880 Census Info:
William W. SMITH, 50, born in NY, Farming, parents born in NY
Kate SMITH, Wife, 42, born in WI, Keeping House, father born in NY, mother born in VA
Mary SMITH, Dau 19, born in MN, At Home
Irvin SMITH, 17, born in MN, At Home
Hattie SMITH, Dau, 15, born in WI, At Home
Gould SMITH, Son, 9, born in WI
Kate SMITH, Dau, 7, born in WI
Bertha SMITH, Dau, 4, born in WI
Charles SMITH, Son, 1, born in WI

Re: Colonel W.W. Smith of Clear Lake

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 7:34AM GMT
Hi! I think he was really a Colonel back then. Because, I have the picture of Colonel W.W. Smith which was taken on Julay 22, 1967 from U.S Army Engineering school Fort.Balvoir, VA. COL.W.W Smith was awarding my father who was Major at the time (fom Ethiopia)after seccesfuly finishing his engineering course in fort Balvoir.for information email me back.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions