Search for content in message boards

O BRIEN, Margaret

O BRIEN, Margaret

Kay R (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: O BRIEN, TWOHIG, WELSH, LINDSAY, MURPHY, DWIRE
O'BRIEN

The funeral of Mrs. Margaret O'Brien was held at 9 o'clock (?) morning from the residence, 121 (West) Follett street and at 9:30 from St. Patrick's church, Rev. (?) Cosgrove officiating. The bearers were Charles and James Twohig, (Joh)n? A. Welsh, George Lindsay, William Murphy and Thomas Dwire. The floral offering was large. Burial was at Calvary cemetery,

Those who attended the funeral from out of town were John A. (We)lsh, Baraboo; Mr. and Mrs. A.F. (?)in and daughter, Bessie; Miss (Ge)nevieve King, Thomas Dwire, William Murphy, Mrs. Nellie O'Brien, (M)rs. P.H. Murphy, Miss Florence O'Brien, and Mrs. William Hegner, all of Milwaukee; Mrs. M.H. O'Brien and Jess O'Brien, Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs.Charles Twohig, James Twohig, Catherine Twohig, Armstrong; Miss May McDonald, Eden; Dr. and Mrs. (?) Hegner, Appleton; Mrs. John Lindsay, Parnell; Mrs. Mary Dwire, Miss Margaret Dwire, George Lindsay, Plymouth (Sheboygan county); Mr. and Mrs. Frank Do)novon and Miss Mayme Donovon, (Va)n Dyne.

Re: O BRIEN, Margaret

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Sep 2002 10:04PM GMT
Surnames: Hegner, Reinhardt, Mahoney, Schuessler, Romens
Interested in the Hegners who attended this funeral in Fond du Lac WI. Does anyone know the date, and whether the Hegners were related to Margaret O'Brien?

Posted: 12 May 2009 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: O'Brien Hegner, Fond du Lac
My great aunt, Florence O'Brien (Margaret's daughter) married William Hegner.

I have not only the date of their wedding but the newspaper article. My father was an altar boy in the wedding.

I've traced this line down to the youngest living Wm (Billy) Hegner in Wisconsin.

If you'd like me to send you the Hegner article and dates, please contact me at mickmaryobrien@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Mary O'Brien

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: O'Brien
Hi Kay,

I was wondering why you posted this obit. Do you know these people? Margaret was my great grandmother and I'm having a heck of a time finding any of her family.

Thanks,
Mary O'Brien

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 11:38PM GMT
Mary:
Florence O'Brien was my grandmother. She had married George T. Hegner (not William Hegner), my grandfather. She was one of Margaret O'Brien's daughters. William Billy Hegner is the name of my father and William Hegner is also the name of my great grandfather who was married to Mary Ann King. So, the Mrs. William Hegner referred to in the message board must have been Mary Ann King Hegner.
I would love to receive the Hegner article (if it's about great grandmother O'Brien's funeral) and dates. I already have
an article on my grandparents (Florence and George Hegner's wedding.)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic