Search for content in message boards

obit Julia Downing/Harrington m:Leadville, Co 1880

obit Julia Downing/Harrington m:Leadville, Co 1880

Teresa Sullivan (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 11:00AM GMT
Julia Downing born in Eyeries Ire on Sept 15, 1856 married Timothy Harrington children Timothy, Teresa, Mary (m: Hamilton), ?female (m: Ivan Budrovie), and D.P. Julia and Timothy died in O'Neil Ne.
Teresa Sullivan Lincoln Ne.(no relation to above)

reply to Teresa

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2001 11:40AM GMT
Hi Teresa,

I have a gg uncle Timothy, from the Bere Island area, which is also in the area of
Eyeries. I can only guess that he was born
around 1835ish. The person that could give
you all the info on Eyeries is Riobard O'Dwyer who has writtin 4 books on the area,
one of which is Eyeries Parish. riobardodwyer@eircom.net
I wasn't aware that there were Harringtons
in the Colorado area. Oddly enough, I have
been to Leadville to visit a friend who was
taking ski area management. Being from
Alberta Canada, I am the only person around
here that has even heard of Leadville. It's
very beautiful there, although the altitude
is hard to take.

Happy Hunting!
Diane

Harrington's

Teresa Sulllivan (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2001 5:50PM GMT
Re Timothy Harrington of Leadville Colorado.
Do not have any connection to this person. I simply put the info for general use in case anyone was looking for someone in that area. My only connection to the surname Harrington is one that I am uncertain of---Jeremiah Ukirre O'Sullivan married Margaret Harrington in Coom and had children Daniel (1826)Jeremiah (1828) and Cornelius (1833). Possibly the Jeremiah born in 1828 was my great grandfather.(Page 94 Allihies book)
Teresa Sullivan Lincoln Ne.

Timothy Harrington and Leadville

Posted: 10 May 2001 10:34PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 7:58PM GMT
This is interesting, because I have been researching Timothy Harrington and family. My g grandmother is Katherine Harrington who married Phillip Wall. They moved to Leadville Colorado. I am not sure of the connection, if there is any, but it is very odd. As you say, Leadville was not real large, especially back then. My Timothy was from County Cork.

Timothy Harrington

Diane Cabush (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2001 10:31AM GMT
Hi Karen,
I received your message. I can't find the
original message that I replied to. Do you
have anymore info on Timothy Harrington? My
great-uncle Tim was a teacher. He was from
Bere Island, which is in County Cork. I have
more info, please feel free to e-mail me
directly. auntiedan@home.com

Diane

Re: obit Julia Downing/Harrington m:Leadville, Co 1880

Posted: 28 Jun 2001 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harrington, Broun (Brown)
I have an Anna Harrington in Leadville that married a Warren Mingus in 1882 in Leadville. Does this ring any bells with you? I'm just beginning this search and can use all the help I can get. They were married in the Sacred Heart (French Church) by the I Rev. J F Ponsardin.

Re: Timothy Harrington and Leadville

Dianna Wickern (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington
I have a great(3X) grandfather named Timothy Harrington. He lived in Leadville, Co. in 1880'S. He was oringinally from Ireland. He had 9 or so children. I believe I have more info and would like to connect with someone to share.

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 8:47PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2002 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Timothy Harrington
I am trying to check the family now. My Timothy Harrington was in Kansas in 1880, it was his daughter (my ggrandmother) who went to Leadville with her husband, Phillip Wall. However, there is a brother of Timothy, Mathew or Murty, who had children other family, one of whom may have been named Timothy. It is interesting that yours is in Leadville. I don't think Leadville was that large. I will let you know if I find anything. thanks for getting back to me, karen

Paul Kuestersteffen (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington, Kelly
Just out of curiosity, where in Kansas was your Timothy in 1880. I have a Timothy that disappeared around that time leaving a family in Russell County (communities of Dubuque and Dorrance). His wife Mary Ann passed away in 1888 or so and the kids were then raised by his father-in-law (also Timothy Harrington). I did find where his son, John passed away at a Denver hospital in 1918 while visiting there, but not sure who he was visiting. I have heard that Timothy was nicknamed "Black Jack" but don't know why. It makes me wonder whether there is any chance he may have had a second family.

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 8:35PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2002 1:59AM GMT
This is interesting, but a bit confusing. My gggrandmother was Catherine Agnes Harrington, whose father was Timothy Harrington from Cork, Ireland and mother was Mary Sullivan. Timothy and Mary first show up in 1850 in Newport, Newport, Rhode Island where Catherine was born. They then show up in the 1870 Census in Solomon Township, Saline, Kansas with 5 children, one of which was 4 year old Mary Ann. The next census showing this family is from Dayton, Saline, Kansas showing Mary Ann as 14. Catherine married Phillip Michael Wall. They eventually show up in Leadville, Lake, Colorado. My grandmother met and married my grandfather while working in Denver, Colorado. I have been trying to find Timothy in later years in both Kansas and Colorado, assuming he may have followed family...which these Irish family members seemed to do quite often. If Mary Ann had died, her husband's father-in-law would have been, obviously, my Timothy Harrington, but her father, not her father-in-law. Timothy also had a John who was 13 in the 1870 Kansas Census. If it was him that died in 1918, he could have been visiting Catherine who stayed in Denver with my grandmother just after Phillip Wall (Catherine Harrington's husband) died. She eventually moved to California with my grandmother. Does any of this work with your information?

I hope you can make sense of all of this...karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions