Search for content in message boards

Tunis VanGulick

Tunis VanGulick

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Trying to find the resting place of my Grand Uncle Tunis VanGulick, Last known living in Passaic, New Jersey. Was a Passaic City Policeman in the 1920's.He is listed in city directories in 1927 with wife Jennie. In 1929 Jennis is listed as a widow. His wife's madien name was McCabe. Tunis arrived in U.S. in 1887 with Mother and 7-siblings and settled in Saddle Brook, N.J. They then moved to the Clifton/Passaic area.
Thank You

Re: Tunis VanGulick

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2013 8:07PM GMT
My first thought was either Cedar Lawn or Calvary in Paterson or Crest Haven Memorial Park or East Ridgelawn in Clifton.

I checked F.A.G. and there is a:
Tunis "Anthony" Van Gulick buried in Cedar Lawn.
Born: 1875, Netherlands
Death: 1956, Paterson, Passaic, New Jersey

Could this be a son/father/uncle?

Wife is listed as: Grietje "Maggie" Doorn Van Gulick.
Born: Jul. 25, 1879, Melissant, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Death: 1955, Paterson, Passaic, New Jersey

There are a few more Van Gulick listed there.

I have a lot of family in that area so I'll see what I can dig up.

Berta

Re: Tunis VanGulick

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 5:33AM GMT
Berta; Thank you for your response. I also found this Tunis ( Anthony ), however, he is not the one I was looking for. My Tunis Van Gulick was married to Jennie McCabe approx 1906. The last record I could find of him was 1927 listed in the Passaic City Directory as a Police Officer. In 1929 in the Passaic City Directory Jennie(McCabe) Van Gulick is listed as a widow. They had two children, Irena,(F), and Vincent (M). His mother is listed as Mary Van Gulick. They are from Holland and settled in Saddlebrook New Jersey in 1887. Tunis was born 08 Sept 1878.
Thanks Again.
Lewis C.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions