Search for content in message boards

TMG7 Won't Create an Indented Descendancy Report

TMG7 Won't Create an Indented Descendancy Report

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 8:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Recently I updated from UFT to TMG7 (right before TMG8 finally came out of course) and the problem I had with UFT creating an Indented Descendancy Report is now happening with TMG7!! I don't know if I have some internal problem, but we were never able to figure it out on UFT either. If anyone has experienced a similar problem, please give me the steps needed to correct this problem. I am also wondering how to get rid of another problem in the Descendant narrative. Every time it wants to add a "witness to" with each person named. I've checked the Option box to include no witnesses, and yet it still prints. Help. Is TMG8 any easier, and if not, is there a video or book anyone can recommend??? I've got thousands of names in my data base, but I am not able to solve complex problems without some idea of what is going on. Thanks.

Re: TMG7 Won't Create an Indented Descendancy Report

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 11:01AM GMT
You would be better of putting this on the TMG forum at Wholly Genes:---
http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php
More experienced users & WG keep an eye on the topics!

Rob
BTW Did you get an upgrade voucher for V8?

Re: TMG7 Won't Create an Indented Descendancy Report

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 5:58PM GMT
Rob, Thank you for your help. I did contact Wholly Genes, and the answer was to reset report configuration to defaults using the delete button. Not sure I like how easy it is to make a mistake, and then spend hours looking for it.

No, I did not receive a voucher...wonder why I didn't get one, but I purchased shortly before TMG8 became available, I suppose, but would have thought they would have mentioned it when we purchased. What did it cost with a voucher? Are you liking it any better than TMG7? Sure would like some input from users.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions