Search for content in message boards

ELIZABETH DIXON Kildare

ELIZABETH DIXON Kildare

Nora Lush (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2002 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DIXON
I am looking for ELIZABETH DIXON, born about 1854 in Kildare Ireland. I think the family were dairy farmers, but I do not know which part of Kildare they lived in. I don't know her parents names, or those of any siblings she may have had. I do know she married a JOHN CARROLL, and they had four children, MARY JOSEPHINE, WINIFRED, HUGH and MARGARET. They lived in Phibsboro, Dublin, where John worked as a train driver. ELIZABETH ran a dairy there after Johns death.
I would be very grateful for any information.
Thank you.
Nora Lush

Re: ELIZABETH DIXON Kildare

Posted: 24 Apr 2003 12:52PM GMT
I am looking for a Michael Dixon, born the mid 1800's in Kildare. He married a Eliza Cribbon and I know they had at least one child (Anne Dixon)around 1880. She was my grandmother.

Anyone in your list look like they might be attached to anyone of these - I am finding it difficult to find anything out about these two - Jan Ward

Nora Lush (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2003 12:56PM GMT
Dear Jan,
I don't know if I have any MICHAEL DIXON in my family tree as I only know of ELIZABETH. I am stuck on her and cannot find any records of her other than the 1901 census for DUBLIN. Sorry about that.- Nora Lush

Ken Clarke (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2004 9:03AM GMT
Dear Nora

I have an Elizabeth Dixon but the birth date is about 1809. Perhaps she was the mother. They came from the Castledermot area and my relative HENRY DIXON emigrated to Tasmania in1831. If this fits let me know.

Regards
Ken

Jan Ward (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2004 11:31AM GMT
Hi Nora
My apologies for delay - time trips away with you sometimes. I have Elizabeth DIxon, married to to my grandad Benjamin Turner about 1906. She appears in the English town of Liverpool Census in 1901. I wonder if Dublin had a different date frame for their 1901 census? I have her death certificate coming soon and will advise what i see. Cheers - Jan

jan ward (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2004 12:26PM GMT
Hi Ken

Both Nora and I have an Elizabeth Dixon from Kildare. I think yours could be a relie but not the mother as she would have changed her name on marriage. Anyway lets all keep the circle going and hopefully one of us will get more clues. I have a death cert from mine coming soon. Will let you know what the info is. Keep in touch.

Cheers - Jan Ward

Posted: 8 Sep 2009 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: Dixon
Hi there,

I don't know if we have any connections, but I have an Elizabeth (Lizzie Dixon) born in Kildare 1903 to John and Mary. John's father was Michael Dixon, born around 1815 (ish) in Ireland and then moved to England where his children were born. John (eldest son), then returned to Kildare and lived in Kilcock.

If there is a connection there, do get in touch.

Thanks

Posted: 8 Sep 2009 10:54PM GMT
Hi - Did Michael have a son called Abraham? Did he live in the midlands when here? Was Michael a baker?

I am chasing some will of the whisps with this family - trouble is Abraham is my great grandfather so I cannot go back further until I sort him out.

Thanks for the help
Best wishes - Jan

Posted: 14 Sep 2009 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: Dixon, Cribbons, Hanway
Hi Jan,

I've been looking into various Michael Dixons in the Kildare area. I'm not sure whether our family trees might cross over.

I have a Michael Dixon married to Ann Hanway/Hannaway, children including Joseph and Lawrence.

I've also come across your Michael Dixon married to Eliza/Elizabeth Cribbons, and have found two children for them - Anna Maria born Feb 1875, and Annie born in Allenwood, Kildare in 1881. I'm not sure if this Michael Dixon might be related to my side but it's a possibility.

Posted: 14 Sep 2009 1:21PM GMT
Hi HevJD,
My Elizabeth Dixon was born about 1853 in Kildare going by her age on the 1901 Dublin census. Unfortunately I don't know anything about her parents or siblings or even where she was married. Her husband, John Carroll was a train driver in Dublin and when he died she ran a dairy in Drumcondra. I have tried for years to find out more about her but so far I have failed. I can't see any connection with your Elizabeth but I cannot rule it out. Sorry I couldn't be ore help.

Regards,

Nora
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions