Search for content in message boards

VALINCIUS-MATULITIS

VALINCIUS-MATULITIS

Dolores McCarthy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 1999 9:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Valinicius, Valincius, Matulitis, Yudysky
Looking for information on the Valinicius family. Shamus (Simon) Valincius, b. abt. 1850 and his wife Ona (Anna) Matulitis, b. abt. 1857 in or near Kalverija, Lithuania. Simon's mother's name was Anita, father's name unknown. They had three children: Petrone (Patricia), Andrus (Andrew) and Angieska (Agnes. Agnes and Andrew moved to the US and resided in Connecticut. Agnes married Anton Yudysky in Kaliverija on Nov. 25, 1905. Four children had been lost in a diptheria epidemic.

yudysky/valincius

courtney herold (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: valincius, yudysky
hi my name is courtney and my great-grandmother was agnes (valincius)yudysky. i wanted to know what kind of information you were seeking. four of agnes's sons (including my grandfather) are still alive. unfortunately all five of her daughters have passed away. i'd be more than happy to find out whatever info you'd like to know. have a great day!! courtney herold
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 5:31PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:31PM GMT
Surnames: Valinchus, Valincius, Walinchus, Walne, Lauranovic, Lapelyte
My great-grandfather was John Valinchus who immigrated to the U.S.in 1884. He was related to the Valincius (name changed to Walne)family of Worcester, MA.
Was Agnes Valincius related to the Walne family of Worcester?
Do you know how Agnes was related to other Valincius families in Connecticut:
George Valincius married to Agnes Lauranovic (and their son John married to Ursula Lapelyte); Antanas Valincius (1907-1985); Albinas Valincius (1916-1986); Martin Walinchus (1889-1982); Andrew Walincius (1887-1978)?

agnes valincius

courtney (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 7:54PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:31PM GMT
Surnames: yudysky
she was my great grandmother, but unfortunately died when i was a little girl. her married name was yudysky. i'm not sure who she was related to, a good person to ask would be my grandfather walter yudysky. his e-mail is cwy27@aol.com good luck!

Valincius/Walinchus

L. Walinchus (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 11:24AM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Valinchus, Walinchus
Dear Mr. Kapun,
Your great-grandfather John Valinchus- how exactly is he related to Martin Walinchus? I'm pretty sure I'm related to Martin but I'm not sure how. My great-grandfather, William Walinchus, I know changed his name at some point from Valincius to Walinchus to sound more American. Therefore, I'm assuming all Walinchus people are related to me simply because of the rare chance that anyone would have made up the same name. I was told, however, that All the Valincius(es) changed their name to Walinchus. Can you tell me more?

Valincius Surname

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 5:40PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Valincius, Valinch, Valinchus, Valincseus, Valinczius, Walinch, Walinchus, Walindczius, Lynch, Wallace, Walne, Wolyniec
I am only at the beginning of my research on the Valincius surname. By checking ships lists, census records, naturalization records, and marriage records, I hope to establish the relationships among the families with variations of the Valincius surname.

Valincius variations appear to include Valinch, Valinchus, Valincseus, Valinczius. My understanding is that there is no "W" in the Lithuanian alphabet, but that the letter "V" is pronounced like "W", thus other variations of Valincius would include Walinch, Walinchus, Walinczius. Add to that known surname changes like Lynch, Wallace, and Walne, and you have quite a task in sorting out the family relationships.

I am aware of the Valincius/Walinchus surname in Worcester MA; Fairfield and Hartford counties in CT; Allegheny, Luzerne, Montgomery, Northumberland, and Schuylkill counties in PA; Baltimore MD; Grand Rapids MI; Chicago IL; and New York.

Interestingly, the Connecticut Death Index for Martin Walinchus (1889-1982) shows that his father's surname was Wolyniec.

If you wish more details on my Valincius research, send me an e-mail at: pkapun@ptdprolog.net.

Re: VALINCIUS

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2003 3:47AM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Valincius, Zaweckas
My grgrandmother was Marija Valincius married to Michael Zaweckas. They lived in Kalvarija. My grandmothers name was Ona, born 1886. She lived in Chicago and Connecticut before finally settling in Pennsylvania around 1907.

Re: Kalvarija

Tom Sadauskas (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2003 11:39PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Karalius, Klokis, Kliokys
My grandmother (Agota KARALIUS) was also from Kalvarija and came to the U.S. in 1909 to Kulpmont PA where here uncle Charles KLOKIS/KLIOKYS was living. She worked as a family servant in Mt. Carmel PA (per 1910 Census) and then moved to New Britain CT by 1912.

Where in Connecticut and Pennsylvania were they?

Tom

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 4:24AM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Pachesis
I know she had relatives in Hartford and she married and settled in Minersville, PA. Did you have relatives in Minersville? My sister went to school with a Pachesis, the spelling may be wrong though.

Tom Sadauskas (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 2:18PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2012 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Pacesa, Senkus
As best I can tell, the relatives were in Kulpmont PA.

My Pac^esa was my grandmother's first cousin (Vincas/William) who settled in New Britain CT in 1911. He was from a small village east of Marijampole (Padovinys). They were related to one another through their mothers (SENKUS).

Tom
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions