Search for content in message boards

Chitwood webpage

Chitwood webpage

Posted: 14 Feb 2010 2:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
02/13/10

My name is Barbara Cowan Olendorf and I would like to have an invitation to the Chitwood webpage. My mother, Essie May Chitwood was the daughter of George H. Chitwood and his wife,
E.Ellen Duncan. George was a son of Noah Chitwood and Rebecca Richardson. Noah's parents were James & Sarah Chitwood and James parents were Pleasant Chitwood and Sarah Cowan.
Thank you.
Barbara
bko@hargray.com

Re: Chitwood webpage

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 12:43AM GMT
I have the ancestral chronology beginning from Pleasant Chitwood(dob. 5/9/1775) and Sally Chitwood(dob 2/27/1778).
This chronology was submitted by the great-grandson of Pleasant Chitwood. His name was Charles Wadlow.
I have the family bible which includes names, birth, death and marriage of the Chitwood.
My grandmother inherited this bible - she was Della Wadlow.

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 1:05AM GMT
Hi folks,
I am interested in your Pleasant Chitwood. This may be a third Pleasant. I have 2 others already, in my database. One was the son of Matthias b. NC in 1799 and d. 1891 DeKalb Co,AL, He was son of Shadrick Chitwood
The other is Pleasant, b. ca 1765? d. 1848, TN, he is the son of Capt. James.
Neither of them that I have was married to a Sally/Sarah.
Where was yours born and died?
Thanks

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 1:35AM GMT
I'm sorry I made a typo in the second Pleasant. He was NOT b. in 1765. He WAS b. about 1836 in AL.
Sorry...:-(

Re: Chitwood webpage/Chitwood/Cowan bible

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 11:44AM GMT
Surnames: CHITWOOD COWAN
Hi Michael--I am having trouble following the thread so I added the Bible info. I am a descendant of Pleasant and Sarah "Sally" Cowan Chitwood through their son Hugh [my 3d ggrandfather]. I have a lot of info on the family I would be happy to share. Would it be possible for you to send me copies of the pages if they are not too fragile? Be glad to reimburse you for scanning or copying and postage. Thanks so much.

Your grandmother was from Ellington, MO, wasn't she--Hugh was born in TN after Pleasant other Chitwoods moved there after the RW. Hugh and family moved to Reynolds County after 1850.

judy arnn-knight

please write me at jillsdaisy@gmail rather than replying here because the info is lost without the right thread

Posted: 8 Mar 2010 2:56AM GMT
03/07/10

I have just finished rereading your message and am especially interested in Sarah (Sally) Cowan, b. 2/27/1778, and married to Pleasant Chitwood, b.5/9/1775 as they are my fifth great grandparents. Pleasant to James Chitwood, b.1798/TN..James to Noah Chitwood, b.1821/TN..Noah Chitwood to my maternal grandfather, George H. Chitwood, b.1853-1861/Indiana.George's daughter, my mother, Essie M. Chitwood, b.1908/MO married my father, Curtis R. Cowan in
1925/MO.
I received a query re: a Henderson Chitwood who's grandmother was said to be Sarah Cowan Chitwod. The query, a MO. descendant of Henderson Chitwood said that Henderson & my great grandfather, Richard Dickey Cowan (Jr) b. 1836/MO. served in the same command & later were elected officials in adjoining counties.
Do you have any info on Sarah (Sally) Cowan Chitwood's line or any other suggestions for me as I attempt to put this puzzle together?
Thank you.
Barbara Cowan Olendorf
bko@hargray.com

Posted: 26 May 2013 12:53AM GMT
I just saw your posting about having the Chitwood Bible. I am currently (May 25, 2013) sitting in a hotel room anticipating attending the Chitwood Reunion in Winfield, TN tomorrow. We found a couple of cemeteries today. We saw a marker for James (1775-1851) today, but it didn't look like it was at a grave site (sitting on a stump). We also wanted to find Pleasant's grave. We were in hopes to find someone tomorrow to answer these questions. Do you have any information about these two graves? Also, would it be possible to get copies of the pages in the Bible that has this information? We would be more than happy to pay for your time and cost. Thanks. Ruth

Posted: 26 May 2013 11:35AM GMT
I set up the events pages for this reunion on the Chitwood United site and the Chitwoods and such site. Also on Trammell sites. We will be meeting at the Piney Grove Baptist Church fellowship hall on Sunday, May 26 at noon.

I have a guide of the Scott County cemeteries and who is buried in each. I have directions to them. The Pleasants are my direct lineage.

I look forward to meeting you. I am bringing cards for everyone to fill out with contact information so I can keep us all in touch.

I have an extensive ancestry.com page. I am also compiling information to write a book using this information, especially on the last 7 generations. I have Chitwood information going back to Germany in 1042.

I will be at the reunion with totes of information.

Sharon Goins Barnette

Posted: 26 May 2013 11:37AM GMT
I would be interested in seeing the Chitwood Bible.

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: Chitwood
Hi, I would be very interested in visiting with you about the information you have on the Chitwoods. I am related to Pleasant and Sarah Chitwood through my mother. Please contact me at carol_benson1@nc.rr.com to visit further.

I look forward to hearing from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions