Search for content in message boards

Removing unnecessarry source data

Removing unnecessarry source data

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Through my own fault and through merging files I have ended up with many thousands of sources that are not attached to anyone and take up valuble space in my files. I have sought help with this problem in the past but can't seem to find a relatively easy fix. In FTM you can only select one source file at a time for deletion and this process is unbelievably slow. Going through oll the confirmations and page refreshing. Also merging sources is not much better.

Does anyone know of a program I can export to or concvert to that allows cleaning these sources out? I have also purchased the Master Geneaologist program but am not that familiar with it yet. Thanks for any help... ~Steve~

Re: Removing unnecessarry source data

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 1:46AM GMT
I suggest that you post your question on the WhollyGenes Support Forum. Lots of experienced users there who can probably help you.

Sharon

Re: Removing unnecessarry source data

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 1:59AM GMT
Use FTM 2010 or higher and manually delete the sources. I've cleaned up over 5,000 sources in a few hours.

Have your mouse over the delete icon and other hand on the "Y" key ("Yes" confirmation.) Pressing "Enter" will select the Delete Source icon, pressing "Y" will delete the source.

Regards,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic