Search for content in message boards

Martins of Butler, PA

Martins of Butler, PA

Posted: 30 Nov 2002 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin, Dunbar, Knauf
Hello ~

I'm trying to further my search on my MARTINS. I'm looking for information on a James G. Martin, no dates, who married Mary or Margaret Knauf. One of their daughters, not sure of any other children, Lydia Marie was my great grandmother. She married into the Dunbar family, also of Middlesex, Butler county, PA.

Hope to find someone that can help. If possible would like to find some old photos.

Thanks,

Sue

Re: Martins of Butler, PA

jannean (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2003 12:46PM GMT
Hi, I am looking for information on the Martin families of Middlesex Twp. and Penn twp, Butler County PA. looking for sons of blacksmith J.D. Martin (near Renfrew) and a Martin male born around 1860 and died in 1880 . Middlesex or Penn.

I am just starting this research.
J

Posted: 10 Feb 2003 2:33PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2004 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: Martin
Hi "J",

Do you have any other information on your Martins? More first names? The JD Martin you list is the first name John or Joseph or James?

Can't remember what I posted, but my Martins were James G. Martin and wife Mary/Margaret Knauff. Their children:
Leyda (my line), James jr., James Henry, Thomas. All are buried in the Middlesex UP cemetery in Penn township.

I have a listing of all the baptisms and birth records from that church - if your interested I could look thru and see what I could find for Martins. I'd would just need more info.

Let me know

Sue

Jannean (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2003 6:37PM GMT
Hi Sue,
I'm trying to figure out who the widow Nancy Martin
was married to in very early 1880. she was widowed at age 18
her martins may have connected with the Star family in Penn twp.
other names connected to them: Smith, Breaden, McCormish,
Kyle, Vorp.
jannean

Posted: 10 Feb 2003 6:53PM GMT
Hello ~

Have you found them in the 1880 census? What township were they living in? Have you tried contacting the Butler county court of Orphans? (City hall - to me) You can try asking for a marriage lic if you have an idea of what year they could have married. I'll look thru my info and get you the email or you can try going on line and go into www.pennsylvania.com and go under the Butler area and it'll give you all the info on that county for you and who to contact.
I think its $3 for marriage info.

Do you know if Nancy Martin re-married? Let me know how things go.

Sue

Posted: 11 Feb 2003 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Todd, Badger, Crampton, Martin, Marshall, Taylor, Hewitt, Weber
Hi. I have a Margaret & Samuel Martin both listed on the daughter, Emma, death cert as being from Penn. No futher info except they were in Neb for a short time before Samuel died there Dec 15, 1854. Margaret remarried a man named Edwin Porter Todd Jan 20, 1856 and they left by wagon train for Cal with Margaret's daughter, Emma.

My mother seemed to think that one or the other, Margaret or Emma not sure which, had another name? Maybe Nancy or Susan? Emma was b. abt 1850. Her death cert says she was born in New Jersey. I am not intirely sure that is correct as the info was given by my grandfather, one of her children.

Please let me know if any of this connects to your Martin's from Penn.

Melinda Markel-Bratcher

jB (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2003 12:54AM GMT
Hi again,

I believe it might be the son of James Martin that I am looking for.

James Martin (son of Robert Martin)

James had the following children
Alice, Maggie, Aggie. Jenny, Benton?, Frank, William, Robert

and maybe one other son.

Maggie married a Farmer named Star or Starr in Penn Twp.

everyone stayed in PA it seems like.

Im not sure if this James Martin is JC Martin, the blacksmith .

Jannean

Posted: 8 Mar 2003 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Mishler-Eggle-Johnson
Sue
Looking for birth info on John Martin b abt 1827 was a twin
Swiss parents who spoke german. occ farmers? His birth place per family is Mallisburg but I have no idea where that is.Parent birth place listed at PA. John m Mary Marie MIshler 04-24-1846. Moved to OH>Indiana >Michigan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions