Search for content in message boards

Henry Eller

Henry Eller

Posted: 28 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 May 2006 9:00AM GMT
Surnames: Eller, Massey
Looking for the family of Henry Eller born about 1808.. Married Docia Massey (Mossey?) aroung 1831 and migrated to White Co. Tn by 1832.All children born in Tn. Thought to have been from Buncombe Co, NC orginially.

Eller

Ellen Byrne (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2006 9:00AM GMT
Surnames: ELLER, FORE
Two Eller women in Buncombe Co NC married FORE men. Calvin and Lewis Fore.
I think some of the Eller's went to Union Co GA.
Perhaps some to TN.
They are not directly my line.
My husbands ancestor is a brother of Calvin & Lewis, I believe.
This Eller info is from memory but I do have notes on them.
The parents of the two Eller women I am referring to had problems. The father left the mother went to a different state periodically, and the mother eventually divorced him.
Good luck with your research.

Re: Fore book

Ellen Byrne (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2006 9:02AM GMT
Surnames: Fore
I have one copy of this book with an index it is over 200 pages. I have had it copied for people occassionally but I have to charge for it. To have it copied and mailed would cost about $32. I have some Fore info on the computer I could print and include for no charge--I also have a small booklet printed by Ed Johnson of Tx, now decd, but it would not help you since it was on his anc Geo Wash Fore-who was bro of my husbands Wm. manson Fore. If you want me to have the book copied, you can send a check to Ellen Byrne, Rt 1, Box 69-1A, Juliaetta, Idaho 83535-9608. If you have found things in LdS over the years under my name-it was probably from Mill Valley, CA-that is where I started genealogy. The Faure/Fore/Foree's are an interesting lot, kind of confusing at times. Good luck.

Re: Fore book

Surnames: FORE
I am so happy to get this note from you. You have helped me to pick up the trail again. This is my ancestor Nelson Fore. I am the grandaughter of Daniel Webster Fore Jr. b. Nov.14,1889 who moved to McHenry, MS by way of Natchez, MS along with his father, Daniel Webster Fore Sr., and his brothers. No one has been able to locate any information on Nelson Fore except his birthday and his wife's name. Would it be possible to purchase a copy of your self-published book? I would be interested in any other books pertaining to the Fores which you might recommend. Thanks so much. I am very new to this process and appreciate all help. I had read several of your notes on the Fore Family Forum and other query postings. Keep up the good work and let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in your search. I will check the Buncombe Co. page periodically.

Fore book

Ellen Byrne (View posts)
Surnames: FORE, ANDRESS
The name Nelson Fore rang a bell. 30 yrs ago I printed a book on misc Fore notes..it is indexed...knew there was a Nelson...pg 80-From Daniel Beard, New Orleans, 1965:
William Fore b 1787 m Eliz Turberville, SC, ..etc...
1850 census, Daniel Fore 57 b SC, Smytta 53, John F., b Ala. John C. 12, Daniel F. 7, James A. 6
1850 census, Wright Fore, age 56. Mr. Beard's ggrmother Eliz pension for War 1812. Above census show Joel, John Fore from SC and James & Nelson Fore. A Wright fore of Miss. enl. Col Coffe''s Brig of TN troops, wounded 1813.
pg 199-Aug 1967 from Marie Palmer, Cupertino, cA 95014: I dont have much onFore's except Mary Davison m Stephen C Fore son of Harriet. I dont know if this is Stephen, son of Nelson & Harriet Andress Fore. In Va 1790 Geo John & Peter Fore of Charlotte Co Va, John & Wm. Fore of Chesterfield Co, Joseph & Wm. of Pr Edw Co, territory of Iowa, Reg. sol. John McDonald lives with Hugh, June 1 1840.
From Walter R. Fore, Saraland, AL 1965: I am the oldest of the Fore's in our family. My father was Nelson Irvin Fore, had 17 ch by: Mary Katherine Fawlkenberry. I am the 4th in the family, age 63. Our family settled Monroe Co AL. Daniel Webster For my grfathers bro went to McHenry, MS.
pg 28-Monroe Co AL marriage of Nelson Fore & Harriet AnnAndress by John McWilliam, M.G. 9 Feb 1843, Bk A, pg 82.

Descendants of Calvin & Lewis Fore

Edited: 4 Feb 2002 12:09AM GMT
I am trying to find the parents of Nelson Fore b. 02/9/1820 in North Carolina. Could either Lewis or Calvin Fore be his father? They married Buncombe County women named Eller. Nelson later moved to Alabama and married in 1843 to Harriet Ann Andress. He was living in Monroe County in Alabama in 1850. Any info or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Sluder

Ellen Byrne (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2006 9:03AM GMT
Surnames: FORE, SLUDER
Hi-You might write Bertie Fore at this email address
BFORE@worldnet.att.net she lives in Buncombe Co I believe.
Have a phone no for Marie Fore of Ashville. I think I still have some Fore papers to go thru -ones that other people have sent me. There was not a Sluder in our line but I know I have heard it before. Perhaps Bertie can help you. Good luck. Ellen

Re: Dorsey Louise Fore

Ellen Byrne (View posts)
Edited: 6 May 2006 9:03AM GMT
Surnames: Fore, Sluder
I checked the 265 pg Fore book I was referring to..know I have heard the name Sluder but nothing in the index. I will check a document I have on the computer and get back to you if I find something. Ellen, dande@mail.tds.net

Dorsey Louise Fore

Julie Quelvog (View posts)
My grandmother's name was Dorsey Louise Fore, born 7 Mar 1892 in Alexander, Buncombe, NC. Her parents were Robert B. (Buddie) Fore and Mary Matilda Parris. Dorsey married Marcus Troy Sluder in Asheville, NC on 6 Oct 1910. Does anyone have any information on this particular Fore line?

Re: Fore family

Ellen Byrne (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2006 9:07AM GMT
Surnames: Fore
Hi-Sorry I dont have anything on Jerome. He is too late for be in the misc notes I have on Fore..and our direct Fore's did not stay in Buncombe Co - Nothing on the White or Brown lines. We would have to go back 2 or 3 generations to make a Fore connection. Be sure and email Bertie Fore. Think she grew up in Buncombe Co. Ellen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions