Search for content in message boards

Hezekiah Davenport

Hezekiah Davenport

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2002 4:15PM GMT
Looking for more info - think Hezekiah is my GGGGfather - his son, Benjamin b. Feb 1824 moved to Michigan 1848 or 1851. Possibly born in Long Island; England; or eastern NY state.

Davenport's in Michigan

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2006 1:27AM GMT
My Davenport family mostly came from
Lapeer County, Michigan. For the most part
they lived in Hadley, Michigan. My Great
great grandfather was Samuel Davenport. His
daughter Mary Jane was born in 1861 and
married Peter O. Parker.
Samuel and his family mostly came from New
York state.
Have you check the Michigan census online?
Let me know if any of this ring a bell.
Mary ;o)

Hezekiah Davenport

Posted: 21 Oct 2000 12:46AM GMT
Thanks for the reply...names you provided don't match up with any of the data that has been passed to me by my Dad. Benjamin moved from NY to Calhoun or Ingham County. If I find anything in my search, I will be sure to pass it on. Thanks again.

Hezekiah.....

Mary Hudgins (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2001 5:53PM GMT
Dave,

I have a Hezekiah Davenport in my family tree. Unfortunately, I don't have much information about him. I have documented that his father was John Davenport (John's parents were John Davenport (1671-1749) and Anne. Hezekiah's siblings were:
John
Ephraim
MaryAnn
Jacob
Anna
Joanna
Joshua

Any connections?

Hezekiah Davenport

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 6:42PM GMT
Mary,

It's possible that there may be a connection, but I can't say positively.
I am presently focused on a Hezekiah Davenport that was born 22 or 23 October 1767, possibly in Little Compton, Rhode Island. This individual married a Nelly Babcock (B. 5 Jul 1803, d. 27 October 1848) Hezekiah had at least one child named Benjamin (gg), and possibly another son named Charles N. This Hezekiah and Nelly are buried in Robertson Cemetery, Tompkins County, New York. They reportedly lived in the Ithaca, Dryden, Homer area of Tompkins County. Records for this cemetery also indicate births/deaths of two additional sons for Hezekiah and Nelly, however, One was born 2 yrs 8 mos after Hezekiah's death and the second, died at 1 yr 3 mos old in 1848. I'm proceeding cautiously. If anything in here meshes with any additional data you may have or come across, I would be happy to hear from you. Thank you for your reply.

Re: Hezekiah.....

Mike Marten (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2005 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mary -

Where are these Davenport's from?

Mike Marten

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2005 12:21PM GMT
These Davenports are from various counties in North Carolina.

Mike Marten (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2005 12:25PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Alexander
Mary -

The Hezekiah that you had listed with the children, are they
from Tyrrell County? I have a Joanna Davenport that married
John Alexander in 1779 that I am looking for her parents. I
also know that she may have have a brother named John.

Any connection here?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Hezekiah Davenport

Posted: 10 Dec 2007 8:21PM GMT
Hello -- Could the Hezekiah Davenport you are searching for have had a brother named John Davenport? John Davenport (my ancestor) was born in Little Compton, Rhode Island in 1770, the son of John and Sarah Davenport. He died in 1847 and is buried in Robertson Cemetery, Tompkins County, NY. My John Davenport, b. 1770, was married to Elizabeth (maiden name unknown). They might have had the following children: Phebe Davenport Snyder; Ethan W. Davenport; Mary "Polly" Davenport; John Davenport (III?); Stephen Davenport; Catherine Davenport; Elizabeth Davenport; Lucinda Davenport; Hezekiah Davenport; and Daniel Davenport. My e-mail is RebeccaSNS@embarqmail.com

Re: Hezekiah Davenport

Posted: 4 Aug 2010 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: DAVENPORT
I am wondering if I am researching in the same family but a generation later than Hezekiah and Nelly Davenport. I am researching a Thomas D. DAVENPORT b 1827 in NY and a BEnjamin B. DAVENPORT , b in 1825 in NY that I believe are brothers. I think their mother was Frances J. DAVENPORT, b 1805 in NY. These 3 people lived in Dryden, Tompkins Co, NY until about 1850 when they all moved to MI. Thomas to Chester, Eaton Co, MI and Ben B. to Parma, Jackson Co, MI. I know that Thomas and his wife Jemima sold Frances a lot in NY that bordered on a lot owned by Hezekiah DAVENPORT in 1850. Thomas was killed in the Civil War and his family returned to Dryden, NY. Ben B's wife Mary E. DAVENPORT died in 1870 in MI. Thanks Wendy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions