Search for content in message boards

SANDERS FAMILY, EDGEFIELD COUNTY, SC

SANDERS FAMILY, EDGEFIELD COUNTY, SC

Posted: 5 Dec 2010 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Dec 2010 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: sanders
Greetings:

I'm researching the Sanders family in Edgefield County, and have hit a brick wall. Specifically, I'm looking for information on Obediah/Obadiah Sanders, born 1792 in SC, and lived in Edgefield County for a time. I show at least two deeds around 1826 with a John Sanders/Saunders (the surnames are oftern used interchangeably), and guess that there was some sort of close connection. There is one other deed around 1828 showing Obediah, John, and a Joseph Sanders. Looking at the 1800-1820 census, there are several other Sanders as heads of households at the time, including a James Sanders. They must be connected in some way. Obadiah eventually relocated to Hall County, GA by 1829. Any info you could provide to shed light on these families would be greatly appreciated.

Re: SANDERS FAMILY, EDGEFIELD COUNTY, SC

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders
Hi I had a ggggrandfather named John Sanders (born abt 1770, died abt 1832) who may have been married to Elizabeth ray (1762) who was from Edgefield county Sc. I am descended thru his son Joseph (1798)who married Emily ? and thru their son Joseph who married Eugenia Haddox and his son Oliver Daniel Sanders (born in Evergreen Ala.), and his son Ernest Burson Sanders 1917 Evergreen Ala.(my father). I don't know if i have any info you would be interested in but if so let me know.

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 1:19AM GMT
I wonder if this is the same John Sanders who shared land deeds with Obadiah Sanders. Do you know John's parents, and his other children? I'm sure there is a link.

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 7:19AM GMT
I am not sure about John's parents..but his mother may have been Elizabeth Jernigan. John's children were Moses, Bartlett, John,Joseph , and I believe Martha. I will have to look at my notes later for birth dates for you.

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 10:47PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders, Ray
Are there two John Sanders who married an Elizabeth Ray? The reason I ask is that the one I am familiar with was born about 1763 in Orange County (later Chatham), North Carolina. He is believed to be the son of William Sanders. John married Elizabeth Ray on June 30, 1783 in Chatham County (per the pension application filed by his widow, Elizabeth, in 1847). He and Elizabeth lived in Chatham County and in Union and Pickens district in South Carolina. He died there April 7, 1823. I haven't done any research on his children, but other researchers give the names of James, William, John, and Nancy, though there were probably other children. Hope this helps. --Gary

Posted: 24 Dec 2010 2:40AM GMT
I am not 100 percent certain her last name was Ray . I could only find that he married a woman named Elizabeth ? Some other researchers have tole me that it was Ray and his mother was named Elizabeth Jernigan but I didn't have a name for the father. I was told John's mother's parents were Jesse Jernigan and Angelica Bishop...I have not had time to do research..

Posted: 2 Mar 2011 9:46PM GMT
This is interesting! My Grandmother on my Mother's side was a Jennings and I have traced the Jennings back to Edgefield Co. where they landed from England. Then I started looking on my Father's side which is Sanders and find this! Very interesting. Sorry I can't help you. Maybe our Sanders were from Edgefield Co. also, I will have to get busy on their family history!

Doretha Gibson
Porterville, CA

Posted: 3 Aug 2011 6:14PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders
If you find anything please let me know. I have hit a brick wall...

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 5:15PM GMT
Surnames: Talbert
Were you able to find any additional information about Sarah Jennings. She was married to my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather. Looking for documents around her birth, which I have seen listed as Maryland, her marriage to Joseph Talbert, and her death in Edgefield, SC. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions