Search for content in message boards

O'Neill James b1855 Belfast

O'Neill James b1855 Belfast

Posted: 15 Jun 2006 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Neill, King
Looking for information about James O'Neill. Born c1855 Belfast, Antrim. Hairdresser/Tobacconist. Father William O'Neill, fishdealer.
James married in the UK to Elizabeth King born c1855 Todmorden, WR Yorkshire/Lancaster. They went to the US and then on to NZ. They had four sons.
Any info greatly apprieciated...

Re: O'Neill James b1855 Belfast

Posted: 14 Dec 2008 11:22AM GMT
Surnames: O'Neill
Have you searched the Belfast Directories for James and his father William O'Neill? There are searchable online sites for the Belfast Directories.

Maureen

Posted: 9 May 2009 9:08AM GMT
Coincidence ? My Grandfather was Ernest James O'Neill b New Zealand, his Father, William O'Neill bc1848-50 South Australia. My Family have told me years ago that the Family originally came from Belfast. William married Ellen Mary Driscoll & their son Ernest James married Florence Bennett my Grandmother.I have had no luck in searching for William in Adelaide S.A.& have presumed the Family had emigrated there from Ireland hence his Birth there. If you think this is the same Family please contact me on anita.barbie@yahoo.com.au

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 8:41AM GMT
Erin, I don't know if I have already corresponded with you - my G Grandfather was William O'Neill, bc1850 South Australia, but I believe his parents emigrated there from Ireland.Clearly he would not have been an only child & there would be siblings. I have not found the Ship yet on which he came to NZ. but he Married & settled & died here. I do have his MC plus the BC's of his Children. I wonder with a name like William ( common enough ! ) he could be a Son of your William ?? My Grandmother always said the Family came from Belfast.
Barbara.

Posted: 4 Jul 2009 9:36PM GMT
I found James and wife Elizabeth who came to the US from Ireland in 1868. Family stories say we have Antrim origins. These are common names but the ages seem right. They apparently first went to Iowa, then to Winchester Kansas. They had two boys on arrival in US, Henry (4) and William C (3) who was my Great Grandfather. I find further records of William C of course, but not of James and Elizabeth - or Henry. Moved on to NZ? Perhaps but thats a major move leaving children behind.

Not sure this helps but thought I would post anyway.

Posted: 4 Jul 2009 9:57PM GMT
Not our James I think. I have James and Elizabeth's marriage in Todmordon England. The four boys were born in NZ.

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 10:46AM GMT
Thank you Erin. No, James wasn't b. Belfast. He was my Grandfather b. NZ along with his other siblings. His Father William was b. South Australia & his Mother, Ellen Mary Driscoll, b. Monmouth, England.
Barbara.

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 10:52AM GMT
Thank you for that.My Grandfather James was born New Zealand c1851 & his Father William, b.South Australia. Probably HIS parents may have come from Belfast but I haven't even found William's birth yet !!

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 10:54AM GMT
Thank you for that.My Grandfather James was born New Zealand & his Father William, b.South Australia, c1851. Probably HIS parents may have come from Belfast but I haven't even found William's birth yet !!

Re: O'Neill William bc1851 South Australia

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 10:56AM GMT
Thank you for that.My Grandfather JAMES was born New Zealand & his Father WILLIAM, b.South Australia, c1851. Probably HIS parents may have come from Belfast but I haven't even found William's birth yet !!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions