Search for content in message boards

great grand father

great grand father

mark kriz (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: kriz

migrated from austria circa 1910 through ellis island, austria is a maybe, as countries territories have changed during this period. came on ship in 1910 with a possible brother.

Re: great grand father possible brother

mary kriz (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2003 7:18AM GMT
Surnames: kriz
12/21/03 Dear Mary, I have the same name by marriage
my father in laws father came to Bridgeport, Connecticut
maybe about the time your grandfather came. He was
always secretive about his family roots. I'm wondering if
possible he came here with a brother (your grandfather)?

Posted: 21 Dec 2003 2:24PM GMT
What was your husband's grandfathers first name. Most KRIZ arr in America 1909-1911 were from the old Habsburg Empire aka Austria-Hungary from the province of Bohemia. Bohemia is now Czech Republic. KRIZ is from the Slavic word kriz (kreez) meaning cross.

Robert Jerin

APRIL (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 5:57AM GMT
I WAS LOOKING UP THE ACTOR ROBERT CUMMINGS AND I GOT SIDE TRACKED WHICH SEEMS TO ALWAYS HAPPEN FOR A GOOD REASON. I JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER MARY KRIZ TRAVELLED TO THIS COUNTRY FROM CZECH WITH HER MOTHER WHO I THINK WAS ALSO NAMED MARY AND HER SISTER JOSE. I REMEMBER MY GGM TELLING ME THAT HER SISTER AND HER EARS WHERE PEARCED ON THE SHIP WHICH HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THEIR IDENTITY. THEY ENDED UP IN CHICAGO AND MY GGM MARRIED A JOSEPH SCHEUBERT GIVING BIRTH TO FRANK SCHEUBERT WHO MARRIED MY GM FLORENCE MALIK. MY GGM LIVED A LONG LIFE SO I WAS FORTUNATE TO LEARN SOME OF THE OLD WAYS THAT SHE BROUGHT OVER WITH HER WHICH NOW I GREATLY RESPECT. SHE WAS ONE OF THE BEST BAKERS ESPECIALLY OF BREADS AND POPPYSEED CAKE BUT KEPT HER BAKING A SECRET.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic