Search for content in message boards

Forbes

Posted: 4 May 2009 10:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: forbes
I am the daughter-in-law of George forbes. His father was also george Forbes (b. 1909) and mother Mary Leary. I would like to see if anyone has any info on the forbes side. Any info would be greatly apperciated.

Re: Forbes

Posted: 31 May 2009 8:37PM GMT
Surnames: Forbes
Not knowing what data you have so far, I'll just throw some stuff out there. I can be contacted at chrele4@yahoo.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Mary Leary, daughter of John T Leary and Lizzie Burgess of Old Trap, Camden, NC Mary was born on 22 Jan 1901 and died 27 Jan 1957. She was married to George Harris Forbes Sr.

1910 census, Shiloh, Camden County NC

Stephen F Forbes 31
Polly Forbes 27
Simmon Forbes 9
Lassell Forbes 6
Silas Forbes 4
George Forbes 1 1/12

1920 census, Shiloh, Camden County shows differnt spellings which is typical of transcriptions.

Stephen Fosbes 41
Pollie D Fosbes 37
Simuel Fosbes 19
Lascell Fosbes 16
Lilas Fosbes 13
George Fosbes 10
Wilson Fosbes 8
Roger Fosbes 6
Annie Fosbes 3 7/12
Stephen Fosbes 1 2/12

On the 1930 census we find Polly living with Laselle Forbes (third spelling but probably the correct one)
Laselle is married to Gertrude Hories (spelling questionable) They have a daughter, Grace V Forbes b. abt 1927
Gertrudes's mother Nancy Horeis is also living with the family along with the children of Polly shown below.

Wilson Forbes, Amie Forbes (Annie on earlier census), Stephen Forbes, Aswell Forbes b. 1920 and Jasper Forbes b. 1925

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 5:21AM GMT
i am a great great grandson of roger harris forbes have a few names on him if intrested
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions