Search for content in message boards

Sylvester G. W. Stolzenberger (1907 Brooklyn-1991 Clarkston,UT)

Sylvester G. W. Stolzenberger (1907 Brooklyn-1991 Clarkston,UT)

Posted: 25 Aug 2010 11:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2012 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Stolzenberger, Reichwein, Kemmer
I am hoping someone can help me locate information on a cousin of mine: Sylvester (Ves) G W Stolzenberger was born in Brooklyn 1907 and died in Clarkston,UT May 24,1991. Might there be an obit for him and a burial location-perhaps reference to other family. There is a huge gap we have in information on Sylvester since his father's death in the 1840 time frame. Would appreciate any help from listers in Utah. Thank you.

Sylvester Stolzenberger (b. 1907 Flatbush NY) also in census 1910-1930 NY

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 3:50PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2010 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: Stolzenberger
HI

I couldn't find a obit newspaper about him, but I have some info.

Sylvester Stolzenberger, born 1907 in Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY. In 1910 Census he lived in Brooklyn with parents age 3, his father Burhurn was born NY, and his mother Mary born Penn. their parents were from Germany. In 1920, he lived in Floral Park, NY with parents.age 13. In 1930 Census, he lived in Floral Park, NY. His father was Bernard. he was age 23. his job was a radio repairman.

Jim

Re: Sylvester G. W. Stolzenberger [use Board Information link on this page]

Posted: 13 Sep 2010 11:51AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2012 1:51PM GMT
Thanks for your help. I wonder if the city or county would have a death record that would show me where he is buried...perhaps other family there. Do you have any knowledge of where to get such info in Cache County ? Thanks again for your help.

death info: Edward F. Stolzenberger and Mary Stolzenberger

Posted: 15 Sep 2010 12:48AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2012 1:54PM GMT
I found two Stolzenbergers who died in Utah.

Edward F. Stolzenberger
http://images.archives.utah.gov/data/81448/2229073/2229073_0...

Mary Stolzenberger
http://images.archives.utah.gov/data/81448/2259927/2259927_0...

Bernhardt Stolzenberger > Sylvester G. W. Stolzenberger & sibling Maybelle Stolzenberger Peterson Culbert

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 7:22PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2012 1:58PM GMT
Surnames: Stolzenberger, Peterson, Culbert
A little late, but just found this query.
Sylvester Stolzenberger was my great Uncle.
His sister, Maybelle Stolzenberger Peterson Culbert was my maternal Great Grandmother.

He was born in NY, the son of Bernhardt Stolzenberger, a Barber and Bail Bondsman. Bernhardt had a shop across from City Hall in Brooklyn, and considered most of the Politicians, Judges, and Attorneys in Brooklyn for Clients.

"Ves" was a Navy veteran, in WWII, returned to the US and lived in NY, FL, and UT.

I only spoke with Uncle Ves once, he remained sort of recluse from the family. After his death, I received the lot of his photographs, inclusive of some pictures of his sister, My Great Grandma Maybelle.

A lot of his history will never be fully known due to distance.

Yes, his grandparents originated in Germany, his Father married "Gram" who hailed from Minnesota, they also were married there. Not sure how a Brooklyner would meet a Minnesotan...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions