Search for content in message boards

Relationships

Relationships

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 5:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have encountered two similar problems. First, my uncle shows up only as husband of aunt, and that of course makes so many other relationships wrong. Now, rather than being a first cousin, the person is a nephew of husband of wife.

The second one is weird. I have a great grandmother. Her husband, parents, children etc all show as "no know relationship"

What on earth is happening,or, more than likely, what the he-- am I doing wrong?

Right now, I have a lot of people in my tree that aren't related to me!

Re: Relationships

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 6:21AM GMT
Can't help you with your second problem, but if I have a problem with a relationship, I first run the button under the name on the overview page. It will give you a complete connection from that person to the home person. Use this as clue sheet to find where the problem may lie. A lot of these problems seem to come from second and third spouses not being loaded correctly for me.

Re: Relationships

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 6:34AM GMT
Thank you. I will try that.

Since I first posted, I discovered what caused my second problem. I apparently deleted the person that linked us all together.

I have had some success by clicking on the given relationship, and in quite a few cases it has re-calculated and given the correct relationship. Some of this problem seems to have come from duplicate people in the branch, which I seem to have quite a problem with. Looking at the branch has really helped eliminate some of these problems. Some of the information I have downloaded has also caused problems, with, as an example, on person having two sets of parents. I have had to delete about 4 generations from one branch because of this problem. I still have over 5400 people in my tree, so lots of room for error. I will keep plugging away, before I take out another membership to straighten our the last of the problems.

Thanks for your input. I will definetly be trying it.

Wayne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic