Search for content in message boards

Lansche family Origin

Lansche family Origin

David (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 12:21PM GMT
We are looking for information about the Lansche family name originating in France. Family history has it that the name Lansche was originally Lange in France but the family was ousted from France during the religious wars, as they were Hueguenots. The family migrated to Germany where the name was changed to Lansche. ANY info would be great...Thank You!

Re: Lansche family Origin

Suzanne (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2001 8:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
My maiden name was Lansche, my family lived in northern
N.J., and I, too, was told that the family originated in France.I knew very little about the Lansches: they were Catholic and
my mother was Protestant. The two families never spoke after
my parents married. I'm 70+ now and clueless about my
"roots": info I was given growing up was largely fabricated and/or embellished to suit the source. The only CONSISTENT
story I ever heard was that the Lansches were from Alsace,
thus had French/German members and influences. I believe
there are still some living in and around Easton, PA. but I have
never had any contact with them. Wish I could be more help.
I'm just as curious as YOU are - if you should come up with
any credible info would you mind passing it on to me? I've
never communicated with anyone on line except known family and friends, so if I've screwed up this process I'm sorry. Suzanne

David Lansche (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Lansche
Hi Suzanne. I just saw your email reply to my old message.I forgot all about this website and just happened upon it again and was delighted to see your reply. I have the Lansche lineage in printed form back to Germany in the late 1600s. My father used to be in contact with the Lansches still living in Munich, but hasn't been in contact with them for a long time. My sister had been on vacation in Munich long ago and found the name in the phone book. My father contacted one gentleman there and they were able to spend time together when my mother and father went to Germany the next year. It is interesting to note that my father and Gerhardt had been in Germany at the same time once before - in the 40's and on opposite sides of a war. Gerhardt was operating a flag store there. He gave my father a photograph of an antique oil painting of our coat of arms. I will be glad to send you a copy or can attach it to an email for you. Now our Lansches came in the form of a 23 year old boy named Michael. He came to Missouri back in 1840, from Munich, after landing in New York and spending some time in Jonestown Pa. where he married a German girl. His brother stayed in Germany and was Gerhardt's ancestor. I know of no other Lansches except the few here near St. Louis Missouri. But I imagine we are related as our name seems so uncommon. I have seen the name in North Carolina too. If you reply again, I will go into length on what we have. It is interesting that your family was Catholic. Gerhardt said that we were French Hueguenots pushed from Catholic France sometime predating what we know. Oh, we pronounce our name Lawn - shay. Country cousins pronounce it Lan - chee. How this is, I am not sure but it has always been this way. Do reply if you would like. I am sure that I can shed some light on the family for you. I am at moreb42@yahoo.com also.

Posted: 3 Feb 2003 4:32AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2012 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: Loeffler, Lansche
Posting reply to "older" message hoping to reach anyone who might also be interested in the family. My great-grandmother was Elisabeth, the first-born of Michael LANSCHE and wife Katherina Loeffler Lansche. Would be happy to exchange info with any Lansche descendants......

THANKS

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 4:23AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2012 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: LANSCHE, LANTSCHE
LANSCHE in Nussbaum (today a part of Neulingen, Enzkreis, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
sometimes written LANTSCHE is in the Ortsfamilienbuch of Nussbaum Nr. 2080 - 2160 (eighty families!)
Several emigrated.
e.g. Catharina Barbara L. *03. Feb. 1819
Dorothea *25. Aug. 1821
Agnes Barbara *11. June 1824
Otto Gernot * 11. Sep. 1930
Bruno Martin * 05. March 1935
Tobias * 15. Jan. 1809

The first LANSCHE living in Nussbaum, Germany was Samuel *04. Apr. 1661 in Beerwalden in Brandenburg, but some think it is Bärwalde in Pommern (Pomerania)
http://forum.ahnenforschung.net/showthread.php?t=4519

See also Message Board LANSCHE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions