Search for content in message boards

COLE-COLES of NC

COLE-COLES of NC

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 8:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole, Coles, Pilley, Webb, Leftwich
I am looking for George Washington COLE of NC. George Washington COLE born between 1740 to 1750 in NC; George may have married Leitia Washington NOT PROVEN (niece of President George Washington, NOT PROVEN)

I have been told George's eldest son was the Elder James D. COLE is mentioned in his father's will. (James has NOT been proven to be the son of George Washington COLE).

I don't know where in NC George Washington COLE is from but it is said he may have been from Richmond.

I have been given names of George WASHINGTON COLE But NONE of the names I have below are have been PROVEN to be his children.
1. Elder James D. COLE born 9 Feb 1781 died 3 May 1853 in Lincoln County, TN burial at Wiley-Cole Cemetery -- "Location: One-half mile NW of Belleville, Lincoln County, Tennessee married on 5 Nov 1806 in Bedford County, VA Eglantine "Tiny" Leftwich. He was a blind preacher at the Concord Primitive Baptist Church in Lincoln County, TN. (NOT PROVEN)
2. Matthew COLE married Susan Pilley (NOT PROVEN)
3. Peter COLE married Keziah Webb (NOT PROVEN)
4. Stephen COLE (NOT PROVEN)
5. William COLE (NOT PROVEN)
John COLE (NOT PROVEN)

Is anyone connected to MY illusive COLE family? If you are, please email me so we can compare information.

Thank you.
Joy Durrett

Re: COLE-COLES of NC

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: Cole
I think this is the same William that is on your list.

Candis COLE
Sex: F
Birth: 1821/1822 in Marks Creek,Wake,North Carolina
Note:
!CENSUS: 1850 on p 292a-b in Benton, TN: Emzula (30 TN farmer 200) &
Candis 28 NC HOWE with Drucilla 10 TN, Eliza 8 TN, Roda 6 TN, Wm 5 TN,
Irelons? 3 male TN, Dennis 1 TN HOWE. Next door is her brother & father
and: Catharine 20? TN HOWE with Amerizel 23 male farmer 400, Perlineza
19 TN, Perzilla 17 TN, Perezuel 16 TN HOWE.
Note:
!CENSUS: 1860 on p 304b in District 3, Benton, TN: Em.s (42 TN farmer
2150/1094) & Candis 38 NC HOWE with all TN: Drucilla 19, Elisa 18, Rody
16, William 14, Aurelis 13 male, Dennis 12, Greenberry 9, Zebidee 9,
Jefferson 7, John 3 HOWE. Next door is Thomas (21 TN farmer 100) &
Elisa 18 TN ROSELE. [Is Elisa twice?]
Note:
!CENSUS: 1880 on p 446c in District 3, Benton, Tennessee: Emsely (63 TN
NC SC) & Candis (56 NC NC SC) HOWE with son Grenberry (27 TN TN NC)
HOWE and grandchildren: John 10 TN TN TN, William 8 TN TN TN, Caroline
17 TN TN TN HOWE and grandson Louis 18 TN TN TN RAUSELL and other,
Liddy FORRISTER, housekeeper 49 TN NC NC.

Father: William COLE b: 1795/1796 in Marks Creek,Wake,North Carolina
Mother: Ann b: 1807/1808 in ,,South Carolina

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: Cole/Conger
Hi Joy, well we just might be connected.
Our Stephen Cole's groupsheet at

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usfgs/tennessee/c/coles.html

He migrated with Congers who settled at Mimosa, TN. These people once lived in Rowen Co. NC before migrating to Lincoln Co. TN. The Isaac Conger family remained at Mimosa which is not far from Belleville. Our Coles left and went to west Lincoln Co. and lived at Taft, TN
This Cole/Conger line came to Lincoln Co. just after 1800 about the time lincoln Co. was formed in 1807. Like to here from you. Email me at writecjc@aol.com C.M. Wright

Posted: 12 Sep 2007 2:50AM GMT
Hi,
I am looking for the family of William R (Russell) Cole, born in NC in 1813. His son, W.D. moved to Ripley, Mississippi, and the grandson, W.D., served in the Confederacy. Could there be a connection?
Nancy

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 3:54AM GMT
I am looking for parents of Thomas Cole b 1816 married to Jane Ford. Son George W Cole born 1849 Paulding county Georgia where Thomas and Jane moved to around 1860 census.Anyone out there have a connection or info

Re: Eli COLE, b. about 1790 in N.C. > 1850 Lincoln Co., TN., married Hester Fincher

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 2:29PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Fincher, Wheeler
Looking for any info on Eli Cole who was born about 1790 in North Carolina. He and wife Hester Fincher (born in S. C?) were living in Lincoln Co., TN. by 1850, operating a large farm with slaves. Hester is shown as being a daughter of Francis Fincher and Elizabeth Bishop. Some have stated that Eli and Hester moved to Grayson Co., TX. with daughters Jane and Mary who married Wheeler brothers, William and Drury. It is written that Eli died in 1854 and Hester died in 1858. To see these old Cole/Wheeler family notes, go to Findagrave and search, Jane Wheeler, 1828-1872, but don't enter the state because the exact location of her burial, apparently in Grayson Co., Texas, has not been established.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions