Search for content in message boards

Booz / Valiant

Booz / Valiant

Posted: 17 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Sep 2003 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Booz, Valiant
Benjamin Booz was born abt 1792 in Portsmouth England and came to the Baltimore County area by 1819. He was married to Ann Maria Jenkins in 1826. Their family was well known in the shipbuilding business till at least 1913. His son E.G. Booz was a distiller in Philadelphia in the 1870's. Another son Charles W. Booz was owner of the Booz Brothers shipyard. I have photos of these early family members on both sides.

Benjamin Booz

Posted: 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hi Shirley;
Your name and e-mail address sound very familiar but I have contacted so many on the Booz familt that I will have to rerad some old e-mail to make sure. Benjamin Booz was married 3 times. (1) to Mary ? in England (2) to Mary Porter on the eastern shore of MAryland and finally to Maria. I have the original pages from a Booz familt Bible giving the family history up to about 1913. I have several pictures dating back to the late 1800's. Please send a phone number so I can speak to you directly.

Booze Family

Posted: 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2002 10:36AM GMT
Surnames: Booze, Atwell, Haskell
I am also researching Benjamine Booze of Baltimore CO,MD.
We are from Thomas H Booze the brother of Charles W Booze.I have Benjamine married to Mary Porter abt 1820,she died in 1826.I guess he married Maria second.I also have pictures of the Booze's if you would like to swap.
Thank you

Family Bible

George Booz (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Booz
My name is also E.G. Booz. I still have one of the original "log cabin" whiskey bottles that E.G. used to make his brand of whiskey distinctive.

My grandfather was also E.G. Booz. He founded Booz Allen Hamilton, which is still one of the largest management consulting firms in the world. My understanding is that he was one of five brothers, from Reading, PA.

My sister, M.S. Booz, of Chicago, still has the family bible, although I don't recall how far back it goes.

Booz family

Posted: 2 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Booz, Valiant
Thanks for yor response to my posting of last year. I have been doing considerable research on the Booz family in the Baltimore area and would like to discuss the subject with you without going through this message board. My e-mail address is ozarkroots@pcis.net
Delbert Lamb
Ozark MO

Re: Family Bible

Kevin Booz (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2001 9:31PM GMT
i noticed your e-mail to mr delbert about eg booz. i live in balto and have also corresponded with delbert. i was curious about whether or not eg was in-fact the same edward griffin booz who married matilda jordan. is he the same eg booz affiliated with the distillery in philly, pa? i have a couple of the reproduction bottles and have fun with the story delbert told me about the name booz and it's association with liquor. i have located what i believe to be eg's family buried in baltimore cemetery. i may have photos or can get them of the headstones if you need same. will be glad to help in anyway from my end. my home # is (410) 477-3420.

Re: Benjamin Booz

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 12:10PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2002 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Monig (Minnick), Lloyd, Booz, Wolf, Schatz, Schrufer, Geho
Hi Delbert-
My great greatgrandfather is James Booz, the first (?) son of Benjamin and Mary. James married Ellen Berry in Baltimore, MD, and one of their sons Thomas J. Booz is my greatgrandfather. Thomas married Louisa Buckley, and one of their sons is Charles M.(my grandfather) who married Sophie Wolf. My mother Dorothy was one of Charles' and Sophie's children, and I am Dorothy's daughter.
Do you know if James was the first son of Benjamin and Mary? I can continue the line from there.
Am interested in any photos, pictures, articles you have. Please contact me.
Thank you. Carol

Re: Benjamin Booz

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 12:38PM GMT
Hi Carol;
I have extensive info on the Booz family but am still trying to fill in some gaps by comparing notes with folks like you. It is currentky 6:30 AM Tuesday morning and I am getting ready for work so I will have to get back to you later this evening.

Janes was probably the first child of Benjamin Booz,and was born in Portsea, Hampshire, englans I think. I have the original pages of a family bible from the Booz family that is at least 125 years old.
I will be happy to share info and some interesting photos with you.

I will contact you tonight, by phone if you will give me your phone number.

Delbert Lamb
Ozark MO
417-581-7034

My Booz connection is through Edmund G. Booz

Re: James Booz

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 12:58AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2002 1:42AM GMT
Hi Delbert and all-
I visited Baltimore Cemetery where James Booz is buried. There is no stone, and the plot consists of 4 graves. James died on 27 December 1892 and was buried 30 December 1892. He is buried in grave number 2.
There is a Mary and Elizabeth Booz buried on July 21, 1864 in grave number 1. This is interesting because when I saw the actual old record book, it lists Mary and Elizabeth as being buried on the same day. It lists their ages as 2 and 19. Is this the Mary Elizabeth (and perhaps her child) who is the second child of James and Ellen Berry?
Grave number 3 is vacant.
In grave number 4, there is a Lottie E. Leonard buried on 2 April, 1885. The record card lists a John.G. Leonard as being the owner of these graves. The cemetery office manager tells me that they have been trying to contact someone about the graves (even though there is no stone). Apparently, there has been no correspondence since 1967!
Does anyone know about the Mary and Elizabeth or about Lottie and John Leonard? Where they relatives or friends of the family?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: James Booz

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 1:15PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 2:40PM GMT
John G Leonard was married to Elizabeth Franklin Booz the daughter of Benjamin Booz and Ann Maria Jenkins.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic