Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM S. HUTCHISON, of Kansas City, Mo.

WILLIAM S. HUTCHISON, of Kansas City, Mo.

Bill Ramsey (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2003 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find descendants of William S. Hutchison, b. 1858 PA., died in K.C.,Mo. 1958. Married to Catherine Smashey.

Re: WILLIAM S. HUTCHISON, of Kansas City, Mo.

Posted: 9 Jan 2004 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchison, Hutchinson, Buckingham, Papanau
Would you happen to know of any siblings for William S.? And could he have lived in Kansas at one time? I have found an obituary for Alexander F. Hutchinson of Fayette Co., Pa which mentions a half brother William of Kansas. On the 1880 census in Dunbar, Fayette Co., Pa, Alexander is listed with his father William and included in the household was a William S. age 22 making him born about 1858. William the father is found on the 1850 census in Westmoreland Co., Pa., on the 1860 and 1870 in Springfield Twp., Fayette Co, Pa. and in Dunbar in 1880. I have not found any of the children staying in Pa except Alexander. The following is the obituary for Alexander. I could not make out the name of Minna. The family has been listed as Hutchison, Hutchinson, Hutchenson, Hutcheson on the census. If any of these names are familiar, I would appreciate hearing from you.

January 22, 1914 Connellsville Courier
Alex F. Hutchinson, 80 years old, died yesterday at the home of his son George B. Hutchinson at Mill Run following an illness of several months due to the infirmities of old age. Funeral tomorrow afternoon at ? o'clock from the United Brethren Church at Mill Run. Rev. J. ? Charleston officiating
Deceased was a cooper by trade and at one time had charge of a farm of the Keystone Coal & Coke Company of Greensburg. He was a widower and is survived by the following sons: George B., Robert Emmett and John S. Hutchinson of Mill Run and Alex of South Greensburg. Three half-brothers in Kansas, David, William and Isaac Hutchinson and four half sisters, Mrs. Mina E?? of Oklahoma; Mrs. Eldore Buckinghan, Mrs. Elzura Papanau and Miss Viola Hutchinson aslo survive. He married Miss Phoebie Jones who died some time ago.

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchison, Smutz, Bailey, White
Does anyone have further info on ancestors of William Henry Hutchison?

It looks as if these are linked to Wm. S. Hutchison who would be the William Samuel listed. [Note the names--differently spelled--of siblings] William Henry Hutchison is my great-great grandfather. Anna Maria Hutchison is my great grandmother. She married George White Bailey. Their son William Hutchison Bailey was my grandfather (1878-1920). His son Thomas Anderson Bailey was my father (1916-2004).

Descendants of William Henry Hutchison [married Eliza Smutz -- apparently married another woman later because of the reference to half-siblings in the obituary]

1 William Henry Hutchison 1813 - 1902 b: 13 Jun 1813 in Fayette, PA d: 13 Jul 1902 in Kansas City, KS
..... 2 David Henry HUTCHISON 1850 - 1932 b: 16 Oct 1850 in Westmoreland Co., , Pa d: 09 Nov 1932 in Amistad, , Nm
..... 2 Anna Maria Hutchison 1852 - 1894 b: 25 Aug 1852 in Rostraven Township, Pennsylvania d: 02 Aug 1894
..... 2 Marilla Jane HUTCHISON 1855 - b: 26 Mar 1855 in Westmoreland Co., Pa
..... 2 William Samuel HUTCHISON 1858 - b: 18 Mar 1858 in Fayette Co., Pa
..... 2 Isaac Smutz HUTCHISON 1860 - b: 25 Jan 1860 in Fayette Co., Pa
..... 2 Ermina Eliza HUTCHISON 1862 - b: 01 Jan 1862 in , Westmoreland Co., Pa
..... 2 Elizabeth Viola HUTCHISON 1864 - b: 1864 in , , Pa
..... 2 Margaret Aldora HUTCHISON 1866 - b: Jan 1866 in Barren Run, Fayette Co., Pa
..... 2 Mary Alzura HUTCHISON 1870 - b: 1870 in , Fayette Co., Pa

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 6:38PM GMT
Oops, sorry. I just wrote that Wm. Henry Hutchison was married to someone *after* Eliza Smutz but when I reread the information it appears that Alex F. Hutchison was apparently born about 1833 which is *before* his father's marriage to Eliza Smutz in about 1849.

Bill Ramsey (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2005 8:10PM GMT
This is correct, Eliza Smutz was William's second wife. If you need more info on the Hutchison family get in touch with me at sbramz@centurytel.net.

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 1:47AM GMT
Anna Maria Hutchinson is my great grandmother also.My grandmother was Jennie Ethel Bailey (1884-1940. I have a picture of George White Bailey, but not one of her. Do you know anyone who does?

Is your grandfather the "Willie" who was in the Spanish American War with James Riley? Did you ever attend any of the Bailey gatherings at Aunt Allie ( I think others called her Aldora) and Aunt Nannie's home in the Greensburg area? DId you attend any of the house parties for grand nieces?

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Bailey, Hutchison, Zundel
I don't know why I never saw this message until now.

I don't know if anyone has a picture of Anna Maria Hutchison Bailey.

I see that you are from the Zundel line.

Yes, my grandfather was "Willie". He died in 1920 when my father was 4.
I visited Aunt Aldora and Aunt Nannie a number of times (we lived in Michigan then).

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 12:09AM GMT
Hi I'm glad that you found my post. Actually I had a picture of Anna Maria in a book that some of my mother's brothers and sisters put together many years ago -- the same one that Rick Rupert (my first cousin once removed) posted. I learned about labeling my cousin's children from Aunt Allie and Aunt Nannie who kept us all properly informed about these things. Looks like Rick has the original.

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 9:38PM GMT
FYI: These are all Pittsburgh families with a relative who works as a printer for the Connellsville Courier. One of the Hutchisons married Pittsburgh lawyer Edwin M Stanton who was Abraham Lincoln's Secretary of War.

Thats why the nice writeup.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic