Search for content in message boards

Shea, Richardson, Maloney, and Herberts in Kerry

Shea, Richardson, Maloney, and Herberts in Kerry

Kerri (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2003 1:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shea, Richardson, Maloney, Herbert
Hello. I've been having a bit of trouble tracing the Irish side of my family tree, so I thought I'd see if these names looked familiar to anyone.

My great great grandfather, John Herbert Shea, was born in Kerry on Feb. 29,1842. He died in Chicago on Dec. 11, 1908. His father, Jeremiah Shea, was born in Kerry on Dec. 24, 1809, and died (where?) on Oct. 1, 1892. Jeremiah's wife, Ellen Richardson, was born in Kerry on May 15, 1818, and died (where?) Dec. 25, 1888.

John Shea's wife, Josephine Maloney, was born in Kerry on Nov 1, 1849/51, and died in Chicago on Jan 1, 1890. Her father was Jeremiah Maloney. Her mother was Ellen Herbert, who was born in 1825 in Kerry, and died on Mar 25, 1890.

If anyone knows any info on any of these people, it would be much appreciated!

Re: Shea, Richardson, Maloney, and Herberts in Kerry

Helen Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2003 5:25AM GMT
Surnames: Dee, Shea, Maloney, Cronin, Herbet, Lyons, Richardson
Have you been in touch with Marian Dee Rogers (my mother). We are related to John and Josephine Maloney Shea through their daughter Marion F. Shea. My mother's e-mail address is mrogers@mfire.com. She is also in communications with Dick Shea (though I'm not clear how he is related).

Hope this helps!

Marian Dee Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2003 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Dee, Rogers, Gallagher, Herbert, Lawson, Williamson
Both Jeremiah and Ellen died in Quincy, IL. Thanks to Dick Shea, I have as much genealogy as we have so far. We are stuck on Ellen Herbert and her parents. Dick is related through Herbert Shea and I am related through his sister Marion, who was my grandmother that I never met. Which one are you related through. I would be happy to send you my gedcom.

Kerri (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2003 8:07PM GMT
I'm related through the Herbert Shea line. He was my great grandfather. Dick Shea is my mother's cousin. I've gotten much of my information from him as well. My information gets stuck at the Ellen Herbert line, too. I didn't have the info on where Jeremiah and Ellen died, though, so thank you!

Marian Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2003 3:36AM GMT
Kerri,
Please keep in touch. You can use my regular email, mrogers@mfire.com. I am always doing research, esp. on the Dee/Shea/Herbert/Gallagher/Hogan line. Eventually we're bound to find Ellen family. I'm stuck on my mother's side, Gallaghers. Since my parents died young, I don't have anyone to ask and my mother and aunt were the last of the Gallagher line. I always thought their parents were born in Chicago, but in the 1930 census where I found my aunt, it showed her parents as being born in No. Ireland-a real shock to me. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 10:48PM GMT
In my search I have a Herbert Gallagher.
Born April 24th,1882,Gourock,Scotland.

His Parents;- John Gallagher and Margaret Sweeney,Married Aug.15th,1876,Greenock,Scotland.

John was born in Ireland ???? c1853

His parents;- John Gallagher and Mary McOscar/McCusker.

Herbert is a very unusual Christian Name for an Irish Family.

Catherine

Re: gourock/greenock ancestors

elaine mcshefferty (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2005 11:25AM GMT
Hi I live in Port Glasgow and also have a John Gallacher ancestor from Derry, although mine didn't arrive in area until abt 1900.

Anyway I have access to greenock/gourock census results from 1841 to 1901 and am willing to do look ups. Also have access to index of obits, birth and marriage announcements from local paper, fromm 1803 to 1913.

If I can be of any help email me at elaine.mcshefferty@ntlworld.com

Catherine Lee (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2005 2:50PM GMT
Good Morning,

I, E-mailed you and it bounced back.

Catherine - carsaig@shaw.ca

Posted: 29 Dec 2006 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: McDonald
Hi
I am desperately trying to trace my mother's ancestry with very little information as her father died in 1967.
I am looking for a James McDonald married to Mary A (no maiden name. They had 5 children we think all born in Hampstead, London sometime between 1989-1910. One child is Alexander George McDonald.
All my mother knows is that James and Mary came from Gourock, probably before 1900. James' profession was Bootmaker. Could you find any trace in the 1901 or previous census? Maybe a wedding record?

Thank you

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 12:57AM GMT
I NOTICED THAT YOU HAD GALLAGHER ON THE BOTTOM LIST MY GRANDFATHER WAS BENJAMIN H. GALLAGHER BORN IN ILLINOIS IN 1885 AND MARRIED GOLDIE SLOUGH IN THE EARLY 1900'S
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions