Surnames: Zak, Stachula, Serafin, Adamczyk
I am lookig for any ancestors from the Kolbuszowa, Mielec area in the 1800's

Kolbuszowa village 36-100

Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 May 2002 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Zak, Stachula, Serafin, Adamczyk
In the telephone book there are the following surnames:

Adamczyk, Grzegorz @ Tyszkiewiczow #12 and a Marian @ Jana Pawla ll #21.

There's many Serafin's here's a few: Eugenia @ Pilsudskeigo #56, Tadeusz @ Narutowicza #27, Wieslaw & Elzbieta @ Partyzantow #47 and Jozef @ Witosa #7.

Good luck in your search!
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
I visited Warsaw, Lublin, Rzeszow, Rakszawa, Zolynia, Kronso, Targowiska and Krakow. I hired a translator during the visit, thank goodness I don't know a word of Polish! I have been able to get onto ellisislandrecords.org, but get kicked off constantly. My grandfather is not listed and I have verified his arrival in the ships manifest @ the FHC. Keep on trying, a friend of mine was up @ 4AM checking! Good luck in your search!

family history

Eileen (View posts)
Surnames: Zak, Stachula, Adamczyk, Serafin
Wendy,
That sounds wonderful. Do you speak Polish? I don't I wish my dad would have taught me. What town did you go to while in Poland? Have you been to the Ellis Island records.org site yet? It is very hard ot get into and I have be having no luck there!
Eileen
I just returned from Poland a few weeks ago from meeting my Polish relatives for the first time. We had such a wonderful meeting I asked my cousin for a telephone directory so maybe I could help others searching for their relatives. We wish you much success in finding your relatives.

Family History

Eileen Zak (View posts)
Surnames: ZAk, Stachula, Adamczyk, Serafin
Wendy,
Thank you so very much for your information. I am quite new at this so these names came from a phone directory in Kolbuszowa?
Again thank you for your help. If there is anything I could ever do for you Please contact me.
Sincerly,
Eileen Zak

family history

Eileen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Zak, Stachula, Adamczyk, Serafin
Wendy,
I am possitive it was the Kieser Wilhelm that left Bremin. Germany on Dec. 1903. That is what my grandfather put on his naurtalization application.
Would you by chance know of how to get in touch with possible churches in this area in Poland, because my grandfather died back there on a trip back to visit his parents. I have the date, but don't know which church would have such records.
I will be away for aprox. a week so I hope to respond to you then.
Thanks for everything.
Eileen

December 1903 Arrival

There were two ships in December 1903, Kaiser Wilhelm II on December 8, 1903 and Kronprinz Wilhelm arriving on December 24, 1903. A local LDS Family History Center should have microfilms of the ships manifests if that is any closer?

Let me know if I can be on any further help.

family history

Eileen (View posts)
Surnames: Zak, Stachula, Adamczyl, Serafin
Wendy,
Same here I have the paperwork but Ellis Island does not come up with it??????? I keep getting booted out also, I live right near there looks like I will be taking a day trip! I am actulaaly looking for the ship Kieser Wilhelm der grosse docking in NY in DEC1903 I want to see who else came here with my grandfather Andrew Zak . But can not find that section on the Ellis Island site!
Good luck to you also.
Eileen

Letter writing

Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
I would suggest looking in the Polish Genealogy Society of America web pages for the address of the church and have samples of what to write in Polish. The PolishGenWeb site will probably have the same. There is also a very good book, "Polish Roots" I suggest you read it, full of information. I may takes years for a response, depending on the parish. I know a genealogist in Warsaw that will be heading that way in May or June if you would like her e-mail address. I do not know what she charges or if she has time. She is very good and thorough.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic