Search for content in message boards

Andreo Romano

Andreo Romano

Charles Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Romano
Looking for data on naturalization of Andreo Romano who entered USA thru New Orleans prior to 1895 from Salerno, Italy. Probably worked for United Fruit Company in Orleans Parish.

Re: Andreo Romano

Betty DellaCorte (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: Garguilo, Lepis, DellaCorte
I too am looking for the roots of the Romano family that came from I believe Salerno, Italy in the 1800's. They were ship builders. Ferdinando, Anna, Lauretta, Migiline, Dadine, and Emily. They lived in Jersey City, and Brooklyn, N.Y. married names of Lepis, and Garguilo. If any of those names sound familiar please contact me. I understand some were stone cutters also...
Thanks..

ANITA BURKE (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2001 9:42PM GMT
MY GRANDMOTHER'S NAME WAS FORTUNATA ROMANO ...HER FATHER'S NAME WAS CARLO...SHE MARRIED JAMES LEPIS...THEY LIVED IN JERSEY CITY...MY GREAT GRANDFATHER 'S BROTHER WAS A SEA CAPTAIN....WOULD LIKE ANY INFO YOU HAVE...THANK YOU

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Garguilo, Lepis
Dear Anita,
I just read your post about your grandmother. In growing up I remember vividly the name Fortunato. My Grandmother Lauretta's maiden name was Romano, and her father was a ship builder,or Captain in Salerno. Most of her cousins lived in Jersey City. In fact one of their sons wrote a book about his heritage. I don't remember his name, but I believe it was Dadine Lepis son. My grandmothers cousins were twins, Dadine and Migiline Lepis,from Jersey Ciy. I would love to know what you know about Fortunato, and Carlo. My e-mail address is bettydellacorte@q.com. By the way, my daughter is married to a Harold Burke..
Hope to hear from you soon.
Betty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions