Search for content in message boards

Canton Area obituaries?

Canton Area obituaries?

Posted: 13 Feb 2014 6:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reynolds
Hello,

I am looking for an obituary for my ancestor, Everett Elisha Reynolds, who died 7 April 1937 in Canton. Does anyone have access to obituaries for this area, or can you tell me where I might find them?

Thank you,
Jade

Re: Canton Area obituaries?

Posted: 5 Mar 2014 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds & Fuller
It is in the Lewiston Evening Journal Thursday April 8,1937. Died Wednesday of Heart trouble . From Bridgewater Mass Born 8/3/1847 . One of six children to Elisha Tilton Reynolds & Adeliza Fuller Reynolds. Descendant of Robert Reynolds who landed in Boston in 1632 and Dr.Samuel Fuller who arrived on the Mayflower in 1620.It has about his life .
He was married twice .1st to Melissa Grace Harris of Caribou,Maine They had 5 children. 2nd marriage Catherine McConnell of Jefferson Wis. they had 3 children no names listed.
He was a shoemaker in Canton Maine for 20years.

Posted: 6 Mar 2014 1:27AM GMT
Thank you so much! Is there any way I could acquire a copy of this obituary? Do you have a copy online or anything?

Thank you!

Jade

Posted: 6 Mar 2014 4:44AM GMT
I googled Lewiston Evening Journal for some information some time ago. You can look by date and find it. If you have a problem I can see if my son can help me copy it and maybe email it to you. I am a rookie at some thins still !

Posted: 6 Mar 2014 5:25PM GMT
Thank you so much! I was able to find it. I really appreciate your help. This has been a rather elusive ancestor of mine, and I am so glad to finally find an obituary for him.

Thank you,
Jade

Posted: 6 Mar 2014 6:50PM GMT
Happy to help! :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions