Search for content in message boards

McKinney family

McKinney family

Susan Muffett (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 1:37PM GMT
I am looking for information of the McKinney family in West Virginia. My family comes from Beckley, Wyco, Rhodell, Wyoming County,Raleigh County areas. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance, Susan Bowling Muffett
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 11:02AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 4:16PM GMT
My husband comes from Beckley, West Va. His ancesters come from Wyoming county and Raleigh. His father was Raymond,married to Cora Stump, Grandfather was Jehugh married to Corillda Covey, gggrand father Jesse Green. He would like to connect with some living reletives. Might you be one? Or maybe you know some of them.

Jesse Green McKinney

Selby Manley (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 1:18PM GMT
My g-g grandfather was also Jesse Green McKinney.I have been doing research on Jehu. I know when he was born and when he died and who he married but I know nothing about his descendents. I would love to hear from you. Perhaps we could share information. My great grandfather was Erastus Granger, brother of Jehu.

Jesse Green McKinney

Posted: 17 Sep 2000 2:07PM GMT
Yes, I would love to exchange info. You can contact me at Plumsmom2@aol.com

McKinney

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 2:40PM GMT
Hey thanks for the reply! I was hoping that someone would have some sort of info for me. Since I am the oldest child in my family, all the family history stuff has fallen to me :-) My mother died relatively young as did her mother so I have almost no info to work with. The main McKinney family that I remember from my childhood was Bernard Burdette McKinney married Katherine. Children: Billy Joyce, Tina Ruth, Shirley Jean,Peggy Mae, Joanne, Harry Allen, Bernard Burdette Jr., Doug Lee, Herbert Lewis, Roger. I am rabid to find more info about this part of my family because if I can't get any help with it, it dies with me. This family is my main tie w/McKinney's. My mother's maiden name was McKinney. Her father was Wade McKinney and I think he was the brother of Bernard (again I am not sure here) If this in any way sounds familiar PLEASE let me know. Even if you know of someone who knows of them please pass the info along. These people lived in Slab Fork and Crab Orchard and Sophia areas. Thanks again for writing me. I will keep your address (with your permission of course) because I am trying to get more info and if I find anything else I will surely pass it along. Hope to hear from you soon, Susan
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 3:28PM GMT
Sorry I didn't answer right a way. I have been having computer trouble. I will get some info togather for you and send later. send me your email address. yes you may keep mine and your very welcome for any help that I might be. for now, the Granger we have doesn't have Erastus in his name that is another line. My husband is from Crab Orchard. One of his brothers still lives there. I will tell you more when you email me direct. Anne

Jesse Green Mckinney

Dora Carpenter (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2000 7:58PM GMT
I am also related to Jesse Green. My great grandmother was Lu Anna McKinney and was a sister to Erastus Granger. I have the list of the rest of the brothers and sisters, mother and father and more if you would like the info. Stay in touch.

McKinney Family Info

Posted: 2 Oct 2000 8:03PM GMT
Your Jehugh was my great grandmother's brother. I have names and dates of all the brothers and sisters, parents and grandparents. Please stay in touch.

Jesse McKinney

Posted: 3 Oct 2000 10:46PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2002 9:38AM GMT
I was glad to get your message. I have been trying to locate descendents of Jesse and Emily.Ihave the names of all their children, but I have not found any information on what happened to the younger girls or when Jesse and Emily died. I have the birth death dates of some of their children and who they married. Please send me your E-mail address.

McKinney Family

Posted: 4 Oct 2000 10:37AM GMT
Hi Selby. My e-mail address is dorryc@bellsouth.net. Please
respond and we can compare info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic