Search for content in message boards

WILLIAMS/BLOORE

WILLIAMS/BLOORE

Irene Doughty (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 6:31PM GMT
Hello,

Is anyone else doing research on WILLIAMS/BLOORE?
Mary Priscilla WILLIAMS was born 4 Sep 1859, in Liverpool.Father Samuel (a tailor) Mother Sarah Ann nee EVANS.

Mary married William BLOORE on the 9 February 1879.
William BLOORE 21 Bachelor, Corn Brokers Clerk 108 Troughton Street West Derby F. Samuel Bloore a Painter.

Mary Priscilla WILLIAMS 20 Spinster, 5 Fernhill Street Toxteth Park. F. Samuel WILLIAMS a Tailor.
Marriage solemnized at the United Methodist Free Church Grove Street in the District of Liverpool in the County of Lancaster.

In 1881 William BLOORE was living with his wife Mary, and his 12 month old son Thomas W Bloore, at his brother- in -law's, Thomas WILLIAMS home at 196 Vine St, Liverpool, along with his father-in-law Samuel, and it seems Samuel's mother-in-law Mary Evans. also living with them at Vine St, were Williams Brothers, Thomas aged 20, Samuel aged 18, Gideon, aged 15, Arthur aged 13.
William and his brothers were from Leek in Staffs.

William and Mary, had three sons.
Thomas W BLOORE abt 1880
Arthur BLOORE 1881
William Gideon BLOORE 18 February 1889

William and his wife Mary Priscilla had a baby boy, they named him William Gideon he is believed to have been named after William's younger brother Gideon.The other two boys it seems were also named after the brothers.

William Gideon Bloore was born on 18 February 1889, and was baptised on 24 April 1889 at St Michael Upper Pitt Street Toxteth Liverpool he died 18 June 1889 aged 4 months. His death was caused from Convulsions. The informant was M Cowell, who was present at the death. At the time of William Gideons death, his father William BLOORE's occupation was given as Managing Agent, and their address was 20 Upper Frederick Street, (thought to have been in Toxteth Liverpool)

But between the 1881 and the census of 1891, both father and son must have died, because in the 1891 Census Williams wife Mary A was a widow. living at 20 Upper Pitt St Liverpool, with her two sons Thos W aged 11, and Arthur aged 10, and her father Samuel and his mother-in-law Mary Evans. The BLOORE brothers must have moved on to another address, can anyone help to locate them please.

Thanking you in advance.

Irene.

Re: WILLIAMS/BLOORE

Posted: 16 Aug 2005 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Sep 2005 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Bloore
I am a decendent of Thomas Bloore brother of William Samuel Gideon and Arthur the sons of Thomas Bloore born Leek in about 1835. I am having trouble locating my grandfather William Arthur Bloore born1893 and his parents Thomas and Mary Catherine Pugh between his birth and him marrying my grandmother Elsie May Lewis in 1895 in birkenhead.
Can you help?
Anything however small would be recieved with thanks and any hopefully I can in return supply information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic