Search for content in message boards

James Monroe Lindsey & Mary Alice Ramage

James Monroe Lindsey & Mary Alice Ramage

J.R. King (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2005 6:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lindsey, Ramage
Need Marriage record for James Monroe Lindsey and Mary Alice Lindsey....believe she lived with Mary Ramage , assume her mother in 1900 and sister, Caroline (Carrie), Ben and Mildred and Lou C........and does anyone know parents of James Monroe Lindsey, born 1854 Ky.

Re: James Monroe Lindsey & Mary Alice Ramage

Posted: 1 Mar 2005 10:30PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2005 12:01PM GMT
I could find all kinds of information on the Ramage family in Fulton County after the Civil War - 1870 and 1900 censues and cemetery readings - - But I was not able to find anything on James M. Lindsey or when they might have married.

The only James M. Lindsey that was 6 years old in 1860 that was born in Kentucky was in Campbell Co., kentucky - the son of James E. and Mary Lindsey.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help??
Don

Jim King (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2005 11:52PM GMT
Thanks anyway...found the Ramage I believe she belongs to in 1900...there was a Mary A. Ramage...born Ireland...and she had a 29 yr. old daughter Mary...earlier census records show a Benjamin C.Ramage born Ohio , with wife, Mary in 1870 Fulton co., Ky....also in 1860...in 1850 he was in Muskingum Co., Ohio with his mother and siblings...of course I can't prove anything......it would help prove if I had James Monroe Lindsey in the 1900 census....he supposedly lived in areas of Tennessee briefly.....in fact his son, Horace Richard says he was born in Tenn.......Mary Alice is probably not his mother.... thanks again

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 4:19AM GMT
I have read that his father was FULL BLOODED CHEROKEE MEDICINE MAN (SHAMAN). Their land was "bought" for the "range rights" that became IOA Ranch.

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 12:43AM GMT
Anyone still watching this line by chance. I might have a line off this couple that links to me. any information would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions