Search for content in message boards

HARMONY ROW DUBLIN

HARMONY ROW DUBLIN

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 9:13PM GMT
Classification: Query

Hi,

A lot of my relatives lived at 2 Harmony row, Dublin 2, they were BRAY and SHERIDAN. I am looking for the impossible a photo of the old building or of tenents who may have lived there, before it became a travel agencie.

Regards Catherine.

Re: HARMONY ROW DUBLIN

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 3:15PM GMT
Hi
What period in time are you talking about?
Cheers
Colette

Posted: 8 Mar 2011 8:27PM GMT

Hi Collette,

Any time line when the original buildings were there. But my mam Sarah Bray and her sister Annie lived there with theie mam in the 1920s. Bray surname is my nans second marrage. Before that my nan Mary Sheridan and her husband Patrick lived there, that would be in the 1900s. Any info would be great.

Kaye

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 5:00AM GMT
Surnames: Sheridan
Hi Kaye and Collette,
I have been desperetly trying to find info on my grandfather Robert Sheridan (who I know very little about) and recently came across what I believe is his birthcert stateing that he was born in Holles st hosp 1918 and his father was named "Barny"? with an address at 2 Harmony Row.
Do you think there could be a connection to your Mary and Patrick Sheridan??
I would really appreciate any reply.
Kind regards,
Paul Sheridan

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 10:11PM GMT
Hi Paul
I've no connection to your family, but to verify if the Robert Sheridan born in Holles Street in 1918 is your grandfather, you will need to get your parent's marriage cert (if you don't already have it) to confirm who your grandparents on the Sheridan side were. Alternatively, your father's birth cert will have this info.
Then you will need to get Robert's marriage cert to verify who his parents were. If father was Barny (which I think is short for Bernard), he may be the Bernard aged 6 on 1901 census, and 16 on 1911 census, living with his father Francis + first & 2nd wives + sibling.
Good luck!
Colette x

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 10:54PM GMT
Hi Colette,
Sorry I didnt realise you had no connection until after I posted.
Im sure my grandfather is Robert, on his marriage cert he didnt put a father on it. The birthcert I have gives the fathers name as Barney and an address at 2 Harmony Row.
I have looked into the family census you mentioned but no clear evidence So I was hopeing to get something more concrete from Catherine with the same address.
Thanks anyway
Good luck and Happy xmas :)

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 12:24AM GMT
Hi Paul
Is the marriage cert you have for Robert a Civil or Church? I would suggest you get whichever one you DON'T already have as there's a possibility that will give the father's name (I had the same situation a few years ago).
Who are the witnesses - any relation?
Who is Robert's mother?
Do you know if Robert had siblings?
Did Robert have sons? If so, did he name any of them Barney/Bernard?
Do you have his children's birth or baptism certs - perhaps one of the witnesses was a Sheridan?
Who was Robert's wife?

The more info you can give, the more help the list can give you.

Happy Xmas to you too!

Colette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic