Search for content in message boards

Descendants of emigrant HENRY COLE & SARAH RUSCO (RUSCOE) of Connecticut

Descendants of emigrant HENRY COLE & SARAH RUSCO (RUSCOE) of Connecticut

Posted: 31 May 2007 3:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COLE, RUSCOE, CONGER, GAYLORD, HICKOX, WILLIAMS, COWLES, HART, SCRANTON, SPERRY,
Seeking descendants of this couple.

Descendants of HENRY COLE

Generation No. 1

1. HENRY2 COLE (JOHN1) was born June 04, 1615 in St Mary, Whitechapel, London, England, and died May 12, 1676 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut. He married SARAH RUSCO December 10, 1646 in Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut, daughter of WILLIAM RUSCO and REBECCA. She was born 1626 in Billevica, Essex County, England, and died January 1687/88 in Saybrook, Litchfield County, Connecticut.

Child of HENRY COLE and SARAH RUSCO is:
2. i. WILLIAM3 COLE, b. April 25, 1653, Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut; d. 1710, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut.

Generation No. 2

2. WILLIAM3 COLE (HENRY2, JOHN1) was born April 25, 1653 in Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut, and died 1710 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut. He married SARAH CONGER July 27, 1688 in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut. She was born 1670 in Wetherfield, Hartford County, Connecticut, and died April 08, 1742 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut.

Children of WILLIAM COLE and SARAH CONGER are:
3. i. WILLIAM4 COLE, JR., b. February 15, 1695/96, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut; d. February 19, 1772, Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut.
4. ii. SAMUEL COLE, b. March 07, 1697/98, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut.

Generation No. 3

3. WILLIAM4 COLE, JR. (WILLIAM3, HENRY2, JOHN1) was born February 15, 1695/96 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut, and died February 19, 1772 in Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut. He married EXPERIENCE GAYLORD December 23, 1721 in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut, daughter of JOHN GAYLORD and ELIZABETH HICKOX. She was born July 04, 1704 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut.

Children of WILLIAM COLE and EXPERIENCE GAYLORD are:
i. CAPT. THOMAS5 COLE, b. September 10, 1722, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut; d. March 01, 1805, Watertown, Litchfield County, Connecticut; m. MARY WILLIAMS, June 20, 1744, Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut; b. September 25, 1719, Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut; d. January 19, 1803, Watertown, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
ii. PHOEBE COLE, b. March 09, 1725/26, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut; d. November 07, 1820, Bethlehem, Litchfield County, Connecticut; m. NATHANIEL COWLES, 111; b. March 31, 1725, Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut; d. 1785, Bethlehem, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
iii. EXPERIENCE COLE, b. March 16, 1727/28, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut; m. SOLOMON HART, March 03, 1749/50; b. October 01, 1724, Kensington, Hartford County, Connecticut.
iv. PHINEHAS COLE, b. June 20, 1724, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut.
v. DAVID COLE, b. October 29, 1730, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut.

4. SAMUEL4 COLE (WILLIAM3, HENRY2, JOHN1) was born March 07, 1697/98 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut. He married MERCY SCRANTON August 05, 1725 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut. She was born Abt. 1705 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut.

Child of SAMUEL COLE and MERCY SCRANTON is:
i. MOSES5 COLE, b. June 16, 1726, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut; d. 1814, Brownville, Jefferson County, New York; m. MARY SPERRY, June 11, 1746.
===================================
Jacqueline Sleeper Russell
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SRCH&...

Re: Descendants of emigrant HENRY COLE & SARAH RUSCO (RUSCOE) of Connecticut

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 8:47PM GMT
Surnames: Cole Gallup
I am descended through one of Henry's other children, John (william's brother) who married Mary Gallup. I have seen many differnt couples listed as Henry's parents. I have never found any records proving any of the parents listed. I know Henry's family was in Whitechapel around 1630-1640.
Is his birth listed in St Mary Church and if so did it list both parents and did you find any other Coles listed. Henry's uncle was James Cole one of the founders of Hartford CT. who corresponded with Nehemiah Wallington a puritan in Whitechapel during these years.

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: COLE
There is no record that I know showing HENRY's parents. Since my original post another COLE researcher has suggested that HENRY was the son of THOMAS COLE. No sources. Here is what he sent.

From descendant EDWARD H. COLE: 7-5-07

Descendants of THOMAS COLE (ROBERT1)

Generation 2.

2. THOMAS2 COLE (ROBERT1) was born 08 Mar 1575/76 in Moulton,Northamptonshire, England. He ma rried JOANNE.

Children of THOMAS COLE and JOANNE are:

3. i. JOHN3 COLE, b. 08 Sep 1605, Moulton, Northampton, England; d. Bef.17 Nov 1685, Hartford , Hartford, Connecticut.
ii. ELIZABETH COLE (Source: IGI LDS Batch No. PO 14361.), b. 27 Sep 1607,Moulton, Northampton , England.
iii. MARY COLE (Source: IGI LDS Batch No. PO 14361.), b. 27 Dec 1613,Moulton, Northampton, En gland.
iv. ANN COLE (Source: IGI LDS Batch No. PO 14361.), b. 20 Sep 1618,Moulton, Northampton, Engl and.
v. WILLIAM COLE (Source: IGI LDS Batch No. PO 14361.), b. 28 Jun 1620,Moulton, Northampton, E ngland.
vi. GEORGE COLE (Source: IGI LDS Batch No. PO 14361.), b. 14 Apr 1622,Moulton, Northampton, E ngland.
4. vii. HENRY COLE, b. 25 Aug 1625, Moulton, Northampton, England; d.1676, Wallingford, New H aven, Connecticut.

If you look under THOMAS COLE, father of HENRY on my website you can see all the collected items I have on this research.

Jacqueline Sleeper Russell
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 7:26PM GMT
I believe Ed is one of the gentleman who has done a YDNA test. I just recently did a DNA test and am waiting for results. If Ed and my DNA match then Thomas could likely be Henry's father. Or at least the families would be connected somehow.

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: cook, gaylord, phelps, bradley, cole, capps, duff
could your William (generation 2) and his wife Sarah Conger have also had a child James Cole that married Catherine Wood? Also, do you know where this Cole family is buried?

Posted: 27 Sep 2010 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: COLE,
Anything is possible. I have very little on the children of WILLIAM COLE, b. 1653, and SARAH CONGER. Surely they had more children. I have not worked hard on this couple.
my ancestor was WILLIAM COLE, JR., who m. EXPERIENCE GAYLORD. Keep digging! Happpy research! JSR

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 2:32PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 6 Sep 2013 2:37PM GMT
Surnames: Cole Cowles Hart Gaylord Stanley
William Cole & Experience Gaylord had their first five children in Wallingford, the oldest being Capt Thomas Cole born 1722. Seven more were born in Farmington, including Zebulon born 1733/34. William Jr., born 1696, died intestate in 1772. An NEHGS search of CT probate records determined that Zebulon was administrator of his father William's estate. Creditors to William's estate were: Zebulon Cole; Solomon Hart of Cornwall (husband of William's daughter Experience); Captain Thomas Cole of Waterbury (Williams's son); Nathaniel Cowles of Woodbury (husband of William's daughter, Phebe); Widow Sarah Hart of Farmington; Timothy Stanley of Farmington.
Also note that William Jr. had a second (unnamed) wife who bore him two more sons, Josiah (1753) and Abel Ward (1763) in Farmington.
Zebulon and my 4th great grandfather, Philip Cole (born 1745 in Pomfret, CT) were neighbors in Wells, Vermont in the 1790's. Were they related?
http://www.genealogy.com/users/c/o/l/Randy-Cole/index.html
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions