Search for content in message boards

Sarona Cemetery

Sarona Cemetery

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know if there is an oneline transcript of burials in the Sarona Cemetery? Does anyone know the caretaker or the sexton of that cemetery? Is there more than one Cemetery in the Sarona area? I would appreciate any help on this.
Thank you,
Allene Hintz

Re: Sarona Cemetery

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 1:19PM GMT
Allene,

There is only one cemetery in Sarona. There is no online transcription for this cemetery. Who are you looking for?

Posted: 1 Sep 2007 2:49AM GMT
The Washburn County Genelogical Society has published a book containing all the names of those buried in Washburn County based on an on site search of all the stones and markers.The Sarona Cementery is included.

Posted: 1 Sep 2007 12:59PM GMT
For some reason I never received this reply until I received the message of 8-31-07. Thank you for the information. I am looking for a Stephen Hollister Clark who died 22 Jun 1914 in Sarona. I assume he is buried there and I was also wondering if his wife was buried there.
Thanks,
Allene

Posted: 1 Sep 2007 1:04PM GMT
Hi Rod,
Thank you for your post. How would a person go about purchasing one of these books? I was thinking after I am done with it I could donate it to our Genealogical Society here in Barron County.
Thank you,
Allene

Posted: 1 Sep 2007 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Clark
Allene,

Yes, there is a Stephen H Clark buried in the Sarona Cemetery. The stone says he was born in 1836 and died in 1914. He served in Co D, 28th WI Inf.

Also buried in this cemetery (Sarona) is a Sarah E Clark. She was born in 1853 and died in 1937.

There are several Clarks (Francis H [1836 - 1915] and Lewis E [1829 - 1914]) buried in the Madge Cemetery which isn't too far away from Sarona, just in case you're interested.

HTH!

Posted: 2 Sep 2007 1:33PM GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the information. I appreciate the look up. Was Sarah buried next to Stephen? His wife (maybe a first wife) was named Mary.
Thanks again for the information.
Allene

Posted: 2 Sep 2007 3:01PM GMT
Send your inquiry to the Washburn County Historical Society - P.O.Box 366 Shell Lake, WI 54871

Posted: 4 Sep 2007 11:55AM GMT
I don't have that information available to me...sorry.

Posted: 4 Sep 2007 5:06PM GMT

Source: Washburn County Register, Shell Lake, WI Thursday, 7 October 1937

CLARK, Sarah

Sarah Hall was born in the state of Maine, June 5, 1853. She went with her parents to northern Iowa where she grew to young womanhood.
She married Stephen Clark. Shortly after the marriage they moved to Sioux Falls, S. D. where they lived a number of years. They moved back to Iowa for a few years. Then they came to Sarona in April 1906, which has been her home since.
She was associated with the Methodist church of Sarona and an active worker therein, even before the present church was built. During the summer she went on a visit to her son, Burr, at Madison, Minn. She was taken sick with pneumonia and passed home to God, whom she loved, on Oct. 3, 1937. Her husband passed away twenty-three years ago.
She is survived by one sister, Mrs. Emma Pillsbury of Webster, South Dakota, one daughter, Agnes Edson, of Los Angeles, California, three sons, Herbert of Snohomish, Washington, Burr of Madison, Minnesota and Stacy of Madison, Wisconsin, also sixteen grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
Funeral services were held in the Sarona Methodist church and were in charge of the Rev. F. J. Smith. Interment was in the Sarona cemetery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1910 Census Index, Sarona, Washburn County,
Hse #39
Clark, Stephen H. age 73
Sarah E. age 56
Stacey S. age 16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Allene -
Happened across Sarah Clark's obit this morning while researching my own family. Hope this will help you out. Her and Stephen H. are the only two Clarks in the Sarona cemetery, so I assume they are buried next to each other. Have a great day, Bel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions