Search for content in message boards

Joseph Coffey and family of NC

Joseph Coffey and family of NC

Posted: 29 Jun 2001 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COFFEY
I am searching for Joseph Coffey. He was born about 1842/1843 in NC. He married Adalade/Adaline. Children born to them are Roba, Martha, Lillia, Ann and John. I think that Joseph died between 1875-1880. He does not show up on the 1880 census with his family. Is he part of your line?

1870 Cherokee Co. NC
#30 Cofee Joseph 24 NC, Adalad 23 NC, Roba 3 NC, Martha 1 NC

1880 Clay Co. NC
Adalade Coffey 32 NC, Roba 13 NC, Martha 10 NC, Lillia 8 NC , Ann 7 NC, John 5 NC

Re: Joseph Coffey and family of NC

Teresa Norwood (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2002 4:12PM GMT
Angela,
I am doing research on the Norwood family. Nancy Adelaide Norwood married Joseph Archie Coffey Oct. 24, 1866 in Caldwell Co., NC. She is the daughter of Thomas Franklin and Elizabeth Ann Ward Norwood. My husband descends through one of Nancy's siblings, James Cooper Norwood. I would love to share with you. Whom do you descend from?
Teresa Norwood

Angela DiBlasi (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2002 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: Coffey, Ward, Norwood
Hello,
I am Angela, I am a cousin to Cheryl Coffey......wife of Pete Coffey. As a I was doing her family tree, Pete asked me to follow his line as well. So off I went. His line of Coffey's have been a bit hard. But this is what I have so far....... Please, if you know anything more about Joseph and Adelaide, let me know. Pete is not in good health these days and I would love to finish his tree as much as possible.
Thank you in advance.
Angela DiBlasi
6214 Foster Ave.
Tampa, Florida 33611
adib102684@aol.com
813-832-5344

1. Joseph COFFEY. Son of COFFEY. Born About 1842/1843 in NC. Died Between
1875/1880 in NC.

Research: 1870 Census Cherokee County NC

#30 Coffee, Joseph 24 NC, wife Adalade 23 NC, Roba 3 NC, Martha 1 NC

He married Nancy Adelaide NORWOOD, daughter of Thomas Franklin NORWOOD &
Elizabeth Ann WARD, About 1867 in NC. Born 1847 in NC.
They had the following children:

2 i. Roba P COFFEY
ii. Martha COFFEY; Born 1870 in NC.
iii. Lillia COFFEY; Born 1872 in NC.
iv. Ann COFFEY; Born 1873.
v. John COFFEY; Born 1875 in NC.

Second Generation
2. Roba P COFFEY. Son of Joseph COFFEY & Nancy Adelaide NORWOOD. Born Jul 25,
1866 in Cherokee County, NC. Died Oct 19, 1938 in Fl.

Research: Robe Coffee married Sis Seigle 12/3/1901 Monroe County TN

He first married Margaret HUNTER, daughter of Alex HUNTER & Margaret, Nov 18, 1883 in
Clay County NC, Brasstown. Born About 1863.

i. Ruby COFFEY
ii. Gud COFFEY
iii. Grady COFFEY

He second married Agnes / Sis or Maggie SEGAL (SEIGLES), daughter of Marion SEGAL
(SEIGLES OR SEAGLE) & Louesa J. NORWOOD, Dec 2, 1901 in Monroe County TN. Born Apr
3, 1878 in TN. Died May 27, 1955.

3 i. Edward COFFEY
4 ii. Samanitha (Maint) COFFEY
5 iii. Marion Roscoe COFFEY
iv. Winnie COFFEY
v. Merritt COFFEY
6 vi. Robert COFFEY

Teresa Norwood (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2002 4:32PM GMT
I have also been in contact with a Mary Lanthier who is part of the Coffey family in Umatilla, FL. I am not sure of how she connects with Joseph Archie Coffee and Adelaide Norwood. I do not have anymore info on the Coffey family except how they tie into the Norwood family. They seem to have originated in Watauga, Burke and Caldwell Co., NC. There are TONS of Coffeys there in older census.

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2004 3:06AM GMT
I also wrote to her about the Coffey family. Where she is talking about in Florida........that is where Pete's family settled after living NC. This is getting exciting! I would love to have more information on Nancy's family line. I don't have anything but her parents names.
Angie adib102684@aol.com

Mary Garnto Lanthier (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2002 9:34PM GMT
In reading this message I am wondering if it is possible that the Joseph Coffey born around 1842 could be the brother of my Great Grandmother Millie Coffey who married Jame H. Headley. She was born between 1840 and 1844. The information I have on my GGrandfather is that he was born in 1840 in Burke Co, NC, father James R Rich and mother Rebecca (don't know her maiden name), he was born 1813 and she 1814. I have information on the decendents of Wade Hampton and Millie "Coffey" Rich shared with me by decendents of John and Mattie Rich (my Grandmother's brother).

Posted: 18 Jun 2002 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2004 3:06AM GMT
You may be right about Millie and Joseph being brother and sister. Please email me at adib102684@aol.com
Angie

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 3:34PM GMT
My name is Jason Coffey and i'm from Athens Tennesse. I have been able to trace my family roots back to Joseph A Coffey of NC. My goal is to find out what part of Ireland the family came from but I haven't been able to find anything past Joseph Coffey. Do you think you could help me out?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions