Search for content in message boards

Alexander Stewart 1675 - Ireland

Alexander Stewart 1675 - Ireland

Verne R. Horton (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
"Really fishing" here. Alexander Stewart was born in 1675 in Ballymena, Antrim, Ireland. I have decendent generations, however, have hit a wall with ancestors. Hoping this name "clicks into" someone's line! Thanks for the help.

Re: Alexander Stewart 1675 - Ireland

Posted: 1 Jul 2003 4:09AM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2011 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Dixon, Bishop
Dear Vinton Horton--Really Fishing
Some place in the Stewart Clan Magazine it indicates that Alexander Stewart and Margaret Dixon were born and married somewhere in Scotland as well as a few of their older children.
A copy of the Magazine in entireity was sent to the Lord Lion by the Stewart Clan Society a few years ago in hopes that he might be able to trace a few of the families migrating to the "Colonies" (they still call us that, you know) I haven't heard any results of that, something might have come of it by now.
Many times I have wanted to compile some current writing of the decendants of Alexander Stewart of East Haddem CN. I wrote a small book of my husbands decent from William Stewart and Hannah--Samuel Stewart of East Haddem, Pultney, Amber NY-Henry Stewart and Sophia Temple Stewart of Amber NY--Henry Harmon Stewart and Charlotte Almeda Bishop of Amber NY & Clay Co, KS-Velton Arvine Stewart & Margaret Hammerli of Clay Co,KS-Velda Elizabeth Stewart & LLoyd Eugene Deister of KS & MO--George Winfred Deister of KS & CA& Faye Randolph Deister of CA. It took a lot of research, we went all through Kansas, Up State NY Syracuse, Vermont and Conn. A probate record of my husbands 2nd Great Uncle proved to be a great asset proving the correct children of Samuel Stewart of Amber. He was confused with a Samuel Stewart of Washington Co, Mass. I am very interested as to what line of the decendants of Alexander and Margaret you are from.
Write me a line.
fdeister1942@yahoo.com

Posted: 18 Oct 2003 5:38PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2005 4:43AM GMT
Yes I am in this line. I do go back to Alexander Stewart and
Margaret Dixon, do you have any more info.? What I have is not out from the Family. Let know if you get this, I would like to hear from you.

Sherm

shari (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2003 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
Hello there
I have a Alexander Stewart born in Antruim but I have not gone a s far back as you maybe you can tell me if you info on Alexander Stewart born c1845 married Eliza McIIroy may 1st 1865 in Larne Antruim. Bit of a long shot but I too have hit a brick wall, frustrating its't it.
Look forward to hearing from you

Shari

Cory Randall (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2003 2:49AM GMT
I am of this same line and have quite a bit coming this way, much of it from the Stewart Clan Magazine and filled in from this and that.

Posted: 31 Dec 2003 6:57PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2005 4:43AM GMT
Yes I would like to hear from you on what you have ? and I will share with you on what I have.
Thank you Sherman Stewart

Shari (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2004 11:33PM GMT
HI! Shari,
The Alexander Stewart, of my line came to the U.S. in 1719
There is alot of Alexander Stewart in the family, I will keep and eye out for one that was married to Eliza Mcllroy.
Good luck in your hunt. I will check to see what I have.
Sherm Stewart shermstew@msn.com

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2005 5:41PM GMT
Do you have any dates for the Kansas Stewart's you mentioned in your post of Jun 30 2003? My email is scanlan@netins.net

Faye Deister (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2004 7:14AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart/Temple
I have been looking at the records of the Presbyterian Church-Line Church of Voluntown, Conn. 1723-1768. After some comparrison and information from a ministry book about ministers coming to the colonies I am making some assertions. That maybe the Rev. Samuel Dorrance who came to America in 1719 from Cullybackey might have been on the same ship as Alexander Stewart and Margaret Dixon. That Margaret Dixon came with several of her brothers to Conn.
The question that was stated before: Do I have any records of the Stewarts that came to Kansas. Their line is as follows: Alexander Stewart and Margaret Dixon, William Stewart and his 4th wife(both died in Milford, Litchfield, Conn, Samuel Stewart and his wife ( Samuel died in Amber New York), Henry Stewart and Sophia Temple (both lived and died in Amber, New York, which is south of Syracuse, New York), George Harmon Stewart and Charlotte Alemeda Bishop (George and Charlotte were both born in Amber, New York, George and his entire family gradually went to Clay County, Kansas)He had five sons, of which my husband is the grandson of the third one Velton Arvine Stewart.
Queston for your what line of Alexander Stewart and Margaret Dixon Stewart are you descended from?

Richard Archer (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2004 4:51AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
We are looking for the origin and ancestors of James Samuel Stewart born 11 SEP 1823 in Ninety-Six, Greenwood Co., SC.
On family chart a researcher found in Waco, Texas library James's father was William Stewart: Born: Ireland, Died: Abbleville, S.C. Married: Eliza Childs B. South Carolina: Died: Abbeville, S.C. William's father was Alexander Stewart B. Ireland
Can you tie this together and do you have a link to Ireland and Scotland?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions