Search for content in message boards

Hamblett family connections

Hamblett family connections

Posted: 29 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2003 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: Hamblett, Wilson, Johnson, Love, Wortham
Yalobusha Co has been the home of my family for more than one hundred years. Earliest members settled in what is called the New Hope and Benwood areas. William Wortham Hamblett, his wife, Malissa Love, and perhaps one child are buried in a woods in that area. His son, William Montero Hamblett(married Mary Willie Johnson) and his grandson, Samuel Louis Hamblett(married Willie Audra Wilson), are buried at New Hope cemetery. My father, Claude Ray Hamblett, lives in Lafayette Co. And his eldest sibling, Mary Ouida Hamblett McCracken, still lives in Coffeeville.

Re: Hamblett family connections

Martha Lackey (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2002 7:59PM GMT
There is a Hamblett connection with my Cobb family. Tampsey Sophia Cobb married Samuel Fielder Hamblett in 1891 in Calhoun Co., MS. They had two children, Samuel Hubert and Theora Hamblett. I know that Theora never married, but believe Hubert married and lived in Yalobusha Co. Are connected with this family? If so, do you have info on Hubert and his family that you can share with me?

Thank you for your response.

Re: Hamblett family connections

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 12:30PM GMT
Tamzy cobb was the second wife of Samuel fielder Hamblett. I realize your post is from 2002 ,,,,did you find the information you were looking for? This is a cousin branch of my family ( and my mother Audrey)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic