Search for content in message boards

Residents

Residents

Julia Palmer (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burdue, Ritchie, Welch
I have a Nathaniel Burdue b. 1748 in NJ who married a Margaret Welch the daughter of William and Mary. Also a John Ritchie b. Hopewell, PA and m 1778 in Guinston U.P. Church who married Mary Welch the sister to Margaret. Nathaniel Burdue had Margareet who married William Ritchie.

Nathaniel Burdue

Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2004 10:01PM GMT
Surnames: Burdue, Welch, Richey
Julie,

My ancestor Nathaniel Burdue wed Margaret Welch c1771 early Bedford County, Pa. His parents were Johan George Bardau and Catherine Widmeyer. Her parents were William Welch and Mary who later married Richard Jones. They had a son Levi Jones who listed as a witness on some land deeds Nathaniel and Margaret were on. Willam and Mary also had Mary who married John Richey. They had William who married Margaret Burdue in Beaver County, Pa. in 1805. Margaret Richey died 1824 Wheatsboro, Huron, Ohio possibly of childbirth. There were a lot of first cousins that married. They just didn't talk about it.
Debbie Hodge

Nathaniel Burdue

Posted: 17 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Richey
I have a Sinard Welch Richey b 1824 around Zaneville OH m Mary Melvina Patterson and moved to Warren County, IA. Does this fit with anything you have?

WELCH in YORK COUNTY, PA

Cindy Welch Malone (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WELCH
I am looking for a JACOB WELCH who moved from PA to Genesee County, NY in 1798; don't know where he came from in PA, but have done some searching and found a JACOB WELSCH who married ELIZABETHA WOLF on 2/15/1739, and who were parents of JOHN JACOB WELSCH, b 5/20/1741. Anything sound familiar to anyone out there? Thanks!

Re: Nathaniel Burdue

Patti Hanken (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2001 9:29PM GMT
Hi I'm from the Burdue family. And we never knew Nathaniel's parents names. Also there are two versions one is Nat was born on the ship coming over from France and the other that he was born in Woodbridge, NJ. I have the date as 1748. Also do you have any info that he was orphan at an early age and was bound out.

Was Johan George Bardau one of the two brothers that emigrated in 1636.
Patti Hanken
pattisue@home.com

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 1:22AM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2005 5:24AM GMT
Surnames: Jones
Could you tell me Levi Jones? When and where was he born? Who did he marry? I am researching a Levi Jones from Bedford County, PA, and am very interested in learning more about him.

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 1:25AM GMT
I am trying to find out more about Levi Jones of Bedford County, PA. He was born bet. 1771-1774. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted: 3 Aug 2005 11:11PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2006 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: Burdue, Jones, Long, Welch
There was a Levi Jones who was a son of Mary Long and Richard Jones. Her first husband was William Welch and they were the parents of my ancestor Margaret Welch who married Nathaniel Burdue. This Levi Jones settled in Berlin Township, Erie, Ohio. I believe my cousin Robby Burdue can help you better with any other stats. His e-address is RBurdue99@aol.com>

Marianne (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2005 4:13AM GMT
Could you give a time frame. My Levi ended up in Miami Co., Ohio, from Bedford County, PA. I believe he was born around 1774.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions