Search for content in message boards

akers in va. *

akers in va. *

elbert l. akers jr. (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2006 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Aug 2006 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: akers, brinkley, chesson, fisher, henry, frye, cress
iam looking for all peoplle who are my kin.

my greatgrandpa and greatgrandma are
calvin and sarah akers

don't any other children except my grandpa.

lloyd alfred akers and janie dent akers.
my father was elbert lee akers sr.
my mom was sarah blount akers

my brother and sisters are

lloyd alfred akers
elbert lee akers jr.
clyde david akers
mary c. akers brinkley
james richard akers
charles wayne akers
joe vester akers
patricia akers chesson
jack t. akers
my father had sister claudine fisher
three half sisters
edith henry
gladys frye
helen cress
brother
robert akers

any other information was be a great help thanks in advance.

akers701@aol.com

Re: akers in va.

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 5:39AM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2006 12:58PM GMT
Surnames: Akers, Semones, Bradford, Dolan
I am looking for any info on Arthur not sure if it is the spelling or not Arthur Akers married Louie or Lure Joann Catherine Semones in Carroll County Va I know nothing about the Akers side of my family I despretly need help if you can help me I would be greatful.

Rebecca Bradford-Dolan,LPN,LA/Ret US Navy

Posted: 7 Dec 2006 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2006 4:29AM GMT
Surnames: Akers, Absher, Abshure, Blancet, Moore
Hello possible kin,

Are you talking about Calvin and Sarah Akers from Wythe Count, VA? If so, they are my great-great grandparents. My family are descendents through their son James Massie.

Here's what I know so far:

Calvin Akers was born 17 July 1840 in VA to Jackson Akers (born abt 1810 in VA) and Phoebe Absher (or Abshure) (born abt 1818 in VA). Her parents were John Absher (born in NC ? ) and Margaret Blancet. Calvin was married twice (?), although I can't find any record of a first wife. Supposedly Sarah was his second wife. He had atleast 6 kids and was a farmer or farm laborer. He died 23 june 1932 in VA.

Sarah Jane Moore was born 8 April 1849 and died 10 May 1928. I wish I knew more about her, but haven't found anything yet.

They are both buried in a family cemetery in Wythe Co, VA. If you'd like to know where I can find out.

Hope this helps. If you know anything that I can add to this please let me know. Thanks.

Posted: 9 Dec 2006 3:50AM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2006 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Akers, Semones, Bradford, Dolan
I am also looking for family Akers in Va and West Va My G Grandfather was Auther or Authur Akers married to Louie Catherine JoAnn Semones Akers lived in Max Meadows and in Carroll Co, Va not sure about his side of the family they had chidren Lillian Maude Akers Bradford, Mildred, Pauline, June, Robert, Jack, Clay, Claud, Horse Fly, Dan ,Doug. Know nothing eles, if you can help it would be great.

Rebecca Bradford-Dolan, LPN,LA,Ret USN

Re: akers ,semones in va.

Posted: 26 Jan 2007 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: Akers, Semones
Hi,
my name is Shirley Murray. My Mother in law was Ardella Lee Semones, her sister was Louie Catherine Jo Ann Semones.I have a little information.I would love some information myself .
Thanks alot, Shirley Lee Jones Murray

Posted: 27 Jan 2007 2:06PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: akers
sorry i haven't got back to you sooner. but yes the information was appreciated.please fine out if you can where they are buried.do you know who calvins parents are

thanks a lot

jr . akers

akers701@aol.com

Re: akers in va. *

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: AKER(S)
This may help. I am not 100% sure of its accuracy. Going back to Calvin I have much more.

Descendants of Lloyd Alfred AKERS - 26 Oct 2007
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Generation

1. Lloyd Alfred AKERS was born on 10 Oct 1887 in Wythe County, Virginia. He was living in in Wythe County, Virginia as of the 1930 census.1 He died on 17 Aug 1960.
1920 Wythe County census, West Wytheville District, page 172A

Lloyd Alfred AKERS and Alice Virginia Elizabeth RICHARDSON were married on 25 Nov 1908 in Wythe County, Virginia. Alice Virginia Elizabeth RICHARDSON (daughter of Samuel Dudley RICHARDSON and Emily Jane EASTWOOD) was born on 17 Aug 1888 in Wythe County, Virginia. She was born on 17 Aug 1888 in Wythe County, Virginia. She died on 24 Feb 1920. She died on 24 Feb 1920 in Wythe County, Virginia. Lloyd Alfred AKERS and Alice Virginia Elizabeth RICHARDSON had the following children:

2 i. Virginia Pearl AKERS, born on 17 Jul 1910, Virginia; married Carl COMER, on 21 Sep 1926, Giles County, Virginia.
3 ii. Gladys Mae AKERS, born on 15 Jan 1913, Virginia; married Harvey Elwood FRYE, on 18 Aug 1929, Wythe County, Virginia; died on 6 Aug 1989, Wythe County, Virginia.
4 iii. Helen Elizabeth AKERS, born on 30 Oct 1915; married Charles Muncey CRESS, on 31 Dec 1930, Wythe County, Virginia.
5 iv. Edith AKERS, born on 21 Jun 1918; married Jack INGRAM; married Frank HENRY.

Lloyd Alfred AKERS and Jane DENT were married about 1922. Jane DENT was born about 1898 in Virginia.
First name may have been Sarah, per posting on Genforum by Elbert Akers (akers701@aol.com)
Lloyd Alfred AKERS and Jane DENT had the following children:

6 i. Elbert Lee AKERS, born about 1922, Virginia; married Sarah BLOUNT.
ii. Robert L. AKERS was born about 1924 in Virginia.

Second Generation

2. Virginia Pearl AKERS (Lloyd Alfred-1) was born on 17 Jul 1910 in Virginia.
SSDI may be

VIRGINIA COMER 17 Jul 1909 Apr 1984 92073 (California) (none specified) 228-30-5095 Virginia

implying the birth date I have recorded for her is incorrect. Considering this SSDI as a possibility solely because of the match of birth month and day and the year being only 1 year off.

Virginia Pearl AKERS and Carl COMER were married on 21 Sep 1926 in Giles County, Virginia. Carl COMER (son of James COMER and Lottie) was born about 1906 in Mercer County, West Virginia.

3. Gladys Mae AKERS (Lloyd Alfred-1) was born on 15 Jan 1913 in Virginia. She died on 6 Aug 1989 in Wythe County, Virginia.
SSDI: GLADYS M FRYE 15 Jan 1913 06 Aug 1989 24382 (Wytheville, va)

Gladys Mae AKERS and Harvey Elwood FRYE were married on 18 Aug 1929 in Wythe County, Virginia. Harvey Elwood FRYE (son of Hiram Daniel FRYE and Mollie E. HOUSEMAN) was born on 31 May 1909 in Virginia. He was buried on 18 Aug 1920 in Evergreen Church Cemetery, Wythe County, Virginia. He was living in in Wythe County, Virginia as of the 1930 census.2 He died on 4 Feb 1970. Gladys Mae AKERS and Harvey Elwood FRYE had the following children:

i. Lois Madeline FRYE was born on 12 Dec 1935 in Virginia. She died on 8 Jan 1936 in Virginia. She was buried in Evergreen Church Cemetery, Wythe County, Virginia.
ii. Shelby FRYE was born.

4. Helen Elizabeth AKERS (Lloyd Alfred-1) was born on 30 Oct 1915.
SSDI has a Helen Cress

HELEN E CRESS 31 Oct 1914 07 Nov 1996 (P) 27403 (Greensboro, Guilford County, NC)

Helen Elizabeth AKERS and Charles Muncey CRESS were married on 31 Dec 1930 in Wythe County, Virginia. Charles Muncey CRESS (son of Noah Franklin CRESS and Sarah Ann PARKS) was born on 24 May 1891 in Virginia. He died on 14 Apr 1965 in Carroll County, Virginia.

5. Edith AKERS (Lloyd Alfred-1) was born on 21 Jun 1918.

Edith AKERS and Jack INGRAM were married. Jack INGRAM was born.

Edith AKERS and Frank HENRY were married. Frank HENRY was born.

6. Elbert Lee AKERS (Lloyd Alfred-1) was born about 1922 in Virginia.

Elbert Lee AKERS and Sarah BLOUNT were married. Sarah BLOUNT was born.

Sources

1. 1930 US Federal Census, Wythe County, Virginia, Dwelling #150, Family #192.
2. Ibid., Wythe County, Virginia, Wytheville (ED #13), Dwelling #111, Family #109.

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 1:34PM GMT
Msgt. Robert L. Akers, United States Army, Retired, 77, of Pulaski, Va., died on Saturday, October 17, 2009, at his home after a long and courageous battle with COPD and bone cancer. He is preceded in death by his parents, Arthur "Swifty" and Louie "Granny" Akers; brothers, Junior Akers, Clay Akers, James Akers, and Dan Akers; and sisters, Lillian Bradford, Mildred Neil, and Pauline Marshall. "Sarge" was a 22 year veteran who served his country in Korea and Vietnam. He received many commendations and medals including GCMDL (3), AFEM (4), Good Conduct (4), Civil Actions Honor Medal (1st Class) and the Bronze Star Medal. He enjoyed fishing, watching old westerns, NASCAR, Redskins football and Bluegrass Music. Robert is survived by his loving companion, Rosalee Davis; son and daughter-in-law, Mike and Vicky Akers; daughters and sons-in-law, Brenda and Scott Farmer, Mary Ann and David White, and Wanda and Roger Stowers; stepchildren, Markie and Janice Trivett, and Sandy Trivett; brothers and sister-in-law, Claude Akers, Jack and Violet Akers, and Doug Akers; grandchildren, Amber and Coty Akers, Neil and Dwight Farmer, Kayla and Michelle White, and Grace Stowers; stepgrandchildren, Candice and Aaron Long, Jason and Matthew Trivett, Sheri Dean, and Chris Dunagan; seven greatgrandchildren, Damian, Mason and Braydon Fowlkes, Jaidyn Bain, Rozalyn McPeak, Noah Litton and Lexi Dunagan; and many nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held 11 a.m. on Wednesday, October 21, 2009, at Abundant Life Ministries, 3050 Lee Highway N., Pulaski, with the Rev. Mike Akers officiating. Military Rites will be conducted by Pulaski VFW Post #1184. The family will receive friends immediately following the memorial service. Reese Funeral Home, Austinville, Va., is in charge of arrangements.

Posted: 5 Aug 2011 6:08AM GMT
I thank you so much for posting that, He was my Uncle Rob, i am the grand daughter of Lillian M. Akers-Bradford. I was in the military and i have moved so much and i just ret a few years back. I was trying to find out about the AKers I know nothing about them where they came from etc..what nationality they were as well. I am very sorry about Uncle Rob he was a great guy drank alot but really a great guy he will be miss. I came to VA last simmer but no one knew anything i ask them. I wanted to know where Granny Akers was burried and the family but no one could give me the right direction. If you know anything could you help me out and plese tell Uncle Robs gf we're a very sorry and wish her all the best.

My name was Dolan before my divorce and i remarried a US Marine so now it is Rebecca Bradford-Maurer, my email is becky62lpn@aol.com

Thank you so much and i know it's been a while sense i been on but duty called.

Re: akers in va

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 1:51AM GMT
Robert l Akers was my step grandpa he was a great man

per page

Find a board about a specific topic