Search for content in message boards

John Franklin Parnell and Hester Wilkins in Baxter Co, AR

John Franklin Parnell and Hester Wilkins in Baxter Co, AR

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 4:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parnell, Wilkins, Lyda, Laffoon
Looking for more information about John Franklin PARNELL (b. 1851 in Boone Co., IN; died 1913 in Baxter Co., AR) and Hester Ann WILKINS (~1852-1882, Mountain Home, Baxter, AR).

John Franklin's parents: John Mark PARNELL and Eliza. They lived in Norfork, AR

Hester Ann's parents: William WILKINS (born in GA, settled eventually in Baxter Co, AR) and Matilda Ann LYDA (born in GA, died in AR or MS).

John Franklin and Hester Ann PARNELL were parents to my grandfather Charles William PARNELL (b. 24 Dec 1876 in Norfork, Baxter, AR)

After Hester Ann's death, John Franklin married Elsie Clementine LAFFOON, and they had many children together.

Re: John Franklin Parnell and Hester Wilkins in Baxter Co, AR

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Parnell
John William Parnell may be the son or nephew of Azariah (Zear) Parnell born 1819 Kentuckey died Jan 1887 just across the boarder in Almartha, Ozark County, Missouri. You may want to research theis line. Zear's father william died 1885 in Van Buren county, AR just to the south of Baxter County so that would put your John in the middle. I would do research on this. Please email me at wanttopreach@gmail.com and I will give you mom's phone. Maybe you could get info or sources from her

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 1:25PM GMT
Zear is first seen in AR where his first son William is born Arkansas City, Desha County, Arkansas which indicates that he traveled down the Mississippi River probably from the Indianna/ Illinois/ Kentucky area He is next seen in northeastern Conway County where his next two children are born and Nancey Blackstone Parnell dies. By 1854 he is locate in Almartha, Ozark County, MO where he has married Mary Ann Dye. It is believed that he traveled with some kinfolk, definately father and maybe a brother to Arkansas.
His father is William Parnell born on the Illinois/ Indianna/ Kentucky line in Kentucky died 1865 in southwestern Vanburen County, AR which borders Conway county.

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 1:27PM GMT
Oh, being in the Union Army Zear was not able to be at his farther's death bed or funeral.

Posted: 30 Oct 2011 8:51PM GMT
We could be related to Zear Parnell, but we have never found any proof. There are several Parnells that end up in Arksansas and MIssouri. From what we know about Zear Parnell, his father (William) and grandfather (Stephen) are known and they came out of Anne Arundel County, Maryland. I think my family of Parnells will eventually be traded to Anne Arundel, but they were in Rowan County, North Caroline, for several generations before Abraham's (John Mark Parnell's father) birth.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions