Search for content in message boards

Looking to Contact living descendants of PA Brooks Family

Looking to Contact living descendants of PA Brooks Family

Posted: 31 May 2013 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks
I'm looking for documents and descendants of the William Brooks who owned and operated Grist and Saw Mills on Yellow Breeches Creek, Cumberland County, PA from 1740 to 1795. He and his family are buried in the Silver Springs Presbyterian church graveyard in nearby Carlisle, PA. I have DNA records I wish to compare to verify my research and link our families. If you have not submitted DNA for testing, then I would like to help you to do so.

Re: Looking to Contact living descendants of PA Brooks Family

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 6:10AM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2013 6:10AM GMT
Surnames: Brooks-Harkin
Do you by chance have a Benjamin Brooks b. 6. August 1753 Bucks. co. PA, married to Elizabeth Harkin in your tree? Husband Jim has done Y-DNA and FF - Autosomal on FamilyTreeDNA.

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 12:51PM GMT
I know of that Bucks County, PA Brooks family, but haven't found a connection to them, yet. If you send me your FamilyTreeDNA connection or how his results appear on their website, I'll take a look at the information.
Thanks

Posted: 12 Aug 2013 8:07AM GMT
Surnames: BROOKS
Hi Tim, For the past 30+ years we have had a 'brick wall' in the form of Jeremiah Brooks born 1773 in Virginia, but recently found him listed born 1773 in Franklin County, VA, as son of Benjamin Brooks and Elizabeth Harkin of Bucks County, PA. The record is on an Ancestry.com family tree belonging to Marsha Guerard, but I am not sure of the information or source. As it also lists Jeremiah's wife Elizabeth Thomas as having been born in Chongquing, China instead of PA as our records state, it makes me uneasy. My husband Jim recently had his Y-DNA and Autosomal tests done and he belongs to Haplogroup R1b1a2 R-M269. You can contact me at selbybrooks@yahoo.com

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas
Hello,
I'm the Marsha Guerard that selbybrooks wrote about. The China thing was an error, apparently introduced in Ancestry.com's records translations. Elizabeth Thomas is listed in the 1850 Federal Census as having been born in Pennsylvania. My apologies for the error.

Marsha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions