Search for content in message boards

WHITEMAN

Posted: 29 May 2009 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WHITEMAN, HULTZ
Looking for any info on family of John W. WHITEMAN whose wife's maiden name was HULTZ. They had a son, Ira V. WHITEMAN [b 19 May 1860 Philadelphia, PA]. This info is from death info. I don't know of any siblings that Ira may have had. I am disabled & unable to go to a library to do research on the 1860 & 18170 census. I don't know where John W. WHITEMAN was born or what year he was born. Any help appreciated.

Re: WHITEMAN

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Whiteman, Hultz
I found some possibilities for your Whiteman line but was wondering if you had more information. Do you have the first name of the mother of Ira V Whiteman (--?-- Hultz)?

Did your Ira V Whiteman settle in Minnesota?

You can also search the 1860, 1870 and 1880 census records for free from the familysearch.com pilot site. Let me know if you can't find the site.

There is an Ira V Whiteman 26, living with William L Whiteman 36 in Minnesota in 1885 Minnesota state census; possibly a brother.

I also see a John W Whiteman, b. ABT 1831 Delaware who died in Phila in 1891. If I find out more information to confirm or indicate a strong possibility, I will post more information.

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 1:30PM GMT
If you think the following record might be your family, then I have found more information:
Emmeline Hultz - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female , b. 1826 Netherlands; Marriage: 31 OCT 1847 , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; m to John E Whiteman.

Among their children were Isaac Venable Whiteman (this might be Ira?) and William Lonzo Whiteman. Let me know if you think that this is a possibility.

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: HULTZ, WHITEMAN
To anwer your messages, the only thing I know about John W. WHITEMAN & wife's maiden name HULTZ is that it is the info on the death info for Ira Venable WHITEMAN. It only had the mother's maiden name. I haven't found Ira V. WHITEMAN in any census before 1900 & 1910 in Redwood Co., Minn., & 1920 & 1930 in Pinellas Co., FL. He died in Gilchrist Co., FL & buried in Pinellas Co., FL. I will try checking out the names you gave me to see what I come up with. I am disabled & it is too far to travel to the nearest place for the census records. Where did you get the names Isaac Venable & brother William Lonzo? Thank you for the information.

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 8:46PM GMT
To locate the names of Isaac Venarables Whiteman and brother William Lonzo Whiteman, go to the familysearch.com/ site and click in the following information:

Issac Venables OR Dick Whiteman - International Genealogical Index / NA

When you get the above info page, it should list parents John E Whiteman and Emeline Hultz. Click on the "family" button across from the Emeline Hultz name and the names of his siblings should come up. It didn't list who the submitter was. Although the date is off, the other information seems to fit, especially the middle name and he is listed as being in Tampa Florida.

Since there is also a marriage record for John E Whiteman to Emeline Hultz on the familysearch.com/ site; there is further evidence that this is most likely your line.
Let me know what you think. I think the John W Whiteman that I found in a death record may be another line because of the Delaware birthplace. There is a death record for an Emeline Whiteman who died in 1875 in Philadelphia who may (or may not) be in your line but will have to find more information about her.
--------------------------------------------
Below are the 1860 and 1870 census records for this family; it looks like Ira may have been called Isaac earlier:

Name: Isaac Whiteman
Age in 1860: 1
Birth Year: abt 1859
Home in 1860: Philadelphia Ward 19, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Household Members: Name Age
John Whiteman, b. PA; farmer 32
Emeline Whiteman, b. NJ 29
William Whiteman, b. PA 12
Kate Whiteman, b. PA 6
Isaac Whiteman, b. PA 1

--------------------------------------------------------
1870 United States Federal Census about Isaac Whiteman
Name: Isaac Whiteman
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1859
Age in 1870: 11
Birthplace: Pennsylvania
Home in 1870: Bedminster, Bucks, Pennsylvania
Race: White
Post Office: Plumsteadville
Household Members: Name Age
J E Whiteman, farmer 43
Emeline Whiteman 39
Sallie A Cox 41
Isaac Whiteman 11
Kate Whiteman 17
Willm Whiteman 22
Sallie Whiteman 4

All of above born in PA except Emeline Whiteman b. NJ.

Posted: 22 Oct 2013 5:44PM GMT
Thanks for all your info. Between this info & what I have found, I think it is the same person. I've been down with health problems or would have found this sooner. Again thanks & for any info you may find.

Posted: 22 Oct 2013 7:04PM GMT
Let me know if there are any brick walls that you would like me to check on.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic