Search for content in message boards

Book Willards of Virginia

Book Willards of Virginia

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 6:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Mitchell Lee Willard Jr. I was born 05/22/1959. The records in the subject book has my name and birth date wrong. Also my father born 06/12/1932 is Mitchell Lee Willard Sr. not Jr. as the book says. My Grand Father is Mitchell Willard, with no middle name. Also it doesn't say anything about my son who is Mitchell Lee Willard III and was born on 07/22/1992. I also have marrige info, and childern born to that I would like to add to the book. I would be very grestful for any help with this.

Re: Book Willards of Virginia

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Willard, Kelley
Mitchell,
My name is Kelly Willard-Marrs. Do you have a copy of the book "Willards of Virginia"? My grandparents are James Temple Willard & Rosalie(Kelley) Willard from Lexington, Missouri. Would like to see if they are listed in that book. My grandparents had a book called "Willards of Virginia" wanted to see if it's the same. When they pasted away nobody in the family knows where the book went. I would love to get a copy of it if there are any floating around out there. Let me know.

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 4:29PM GMT
Hi Kelly, yes I do have a copy. I found your family in it. My Great Grandfather was John Daniel Willard born 21 May 1847. My Grandfather was Mitchell Lee Willard born, in Lexington, MO in 1898 his Mother was Sarah Jane Pinkerton. My Father is Mitchell Lee Willard Jr, born in Warrensgurg Mo on 12 June 1932 to Ella Hughes Willard I am Mitchell Lee Willard III, and I was born on 22 May 1959, in LaMonte MO, to Heather (Gillies) Willard.I have a son that is not list, his name is Mitchell Lee Willard IV, and was born in Fort Walton Beach FL, to Deborah Willard.
The first page of the book gives the printers name and address, I hope it may help you track down a copy! It is, Will1am E. Berger, Hondo Anvil Herald, Hondo Texas 78861, Goog luck and it was nice meeting you: Mitchell Lee Willard III

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 2:15AM GMT
Do you have a William Willard of Loudon County, Va born in 1755 and was a patriot. He had at least 2 sons James and William. I believe his wife's name was Jane (nee Cook). The eventually settled in Adams County, Il. They are my husband's ancestors. Thank you.

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 2:40PM GMT
Yes I do, he is the first Willard found in the U.S.A and he was in the Revolionary war two times. He married Jane (Cooke)Willard abt 1846 in Leesburg VA, Jane Cooke was from Ireland. They had 5 kids, William 2 [1783-1838]James 2 [1784-1858] Mary 2 [1785-1861] Hannah 2 [1791-1881] Alexander 2 [1795-1849], ang John 2[1797-1869] The 2 stands for secound recored generation. I am the 7th generation, I believe your husband is in the 6th generation. Anyway William Willard of Loudon Country, VA would have been his, and my Grandfather, to many Greats ago to count.

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 7:36PM GMT
My husband is the descendent of James which makes William Willard his 5th great grandfather. Thanks for that info. Do you know when the book was written/published?

Also, do you know where in England William was from? did he come with his parents and do you know what their names were? I'd love to have a new lead to jump over the pond.

You can reach me directly at bonsaikai@hotmail.com

thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic