Search for content in message boards

Granville, Wisconsin - Walz Family

Granville, Wisconsin - Walz Family

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 4:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walz
I'm looking for any Walz family in Granville WI. Granville is now Milw. George Walz, or Maggie - Margaretha Walz.

Re: Granville, Wisconsin - Walz Family

Posted: 29 Sep 2010 10:48PM GMT
FamilySearch.org, Granville, Milwaukee Co., WI, 1880, WALZ
Michael, 36; Susan, 34; Jacob, 13; Pollena, 10; Mary, 8; John, 7; Josephen, 5; Catheren, 3. Children were born in Wisconsin. Michael & Susan were reportedly born in Bire. They probably said Bayern, for Bavaria. Death records at Pilot.FamilySearch.org for Jacob (15 Sep. 1866, Granville - 7 Je. 1905, Waukesha, WI) & Josephine (15 Jan. 1876, Granville - 30 Mar. 1901, Brookfield) listed parents as Michael WALZ & Cresentia.

I cannot find George in 1880 on FamilySearch.org, but Pilot.FamilySearch.org has in 1870, Granville, same page, WALZ
Michael, 25, & Christiana, 24, both b. Bavaria; ch. b. WI: Jacob, 4; Pauline, 1.
George, 30, Bav., & Anna M., 25, Prussia. In 1880, George's wf. was listed as Ama; ch. Frank, Tillie, & Cathren.

Tillie apparently had a failed first marriage because she was listed as Tillie WALZ at her second marriage. Tillie m. 21 Nov. 1896, Milwaukee Co., Wm. NONNENPREDIGER; m2. 24 Oct 1908, Milwaukee Co., Charles ARNDT. Her father was George WALZ, & her mother Anna HERMAN / HARMON.

Do you have any further clues such as dates or other places for your George & Margaretha?

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: Walz
Thank you for the reply. I do have that, I am looking for anyone researching Walz. Sorry to be so vague in my post - it was my first. Are you researching Walz?

My problem is as follows: Margaretha Walz is my GGMother, Her father is George. However, the George Maragretha combo in the Census is 10 years too old. So either she was 33 when she married a 23 year old man, and lied about her age living to 93 years old or the census taker mixed up the names and I need to keep searching.

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 1:11AM GMT
Post the information on Margaretha and her husband and children with dates and places. If she had a large family, as was the custom, then you should be able to see how old she was when she had her first and last child.

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Walz Nonnenprediger Mass Herman
In case it's helpful to Walz family research, there was a wedding anniv. photo and bio. for a Mr. & Mrs. Michael Walz published in local German papers; death notices for Michael shortly after, and a brief clipping for the marriage you referenced: Tillie Walz & William Nonnenprediger. Some other surnames referenced with Walz include Mass and Herman.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007
per page

Find a board about a specific topic