Search for content in message boards

WILSON – MCCLOY

WILSON – MCCLOY

Posted: 14 Oct 2007 1:02AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: WILSON, MCCLOY, FISCHER, FLETCHER
WILSON – MCCLOY

A pretty wedding took place at 4 o’clock Saturday afternoon at the home of Mr. and Mrs. H. McCloy, Ayr, when their daughter, Miss Leona Belle McCloy, was united in marriage to Mr. John Harold Wilson, Toronto. Rev. J. W. Currie of Knox United Church performed the ceremony before a bank of ferns and peonies. Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a gown of white flowered chiffon with a white picture hat and carried a bouquet of butterfly roses and baby’s breath. The bride was attended by her sister, Miss Ariel McCloy, Ayr, who wore dusky pink sheer with matching accessories. Her bouquet was of roses and cornflowers. Mr. R. B. Fischer, Toronto, was best man. The soloist, Mrs. R. B. Fletcher, Toronto, sang “O Promise Me.” Following the ceremony a buffet luncheon was served. The couple left on a motor trip to points north, the bride traveling in a powder blue ensemble with matching accessories. On their return they will make their home at Toronto. Sixty guests were present Saturday.

Brantford Expositor July 4, 1940 p8c6

Re: WILSON – MCCLOY

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 2:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello:

I wonder if you are related to this couple if so I would be interested in sharing some info with you since John Harold Wilson is my g-grandfather's brother. Thanks

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 8:49PM GMT
Sorry I am not related to the family, only post obits for info for others!

I am interested in any info of families from Six Nations however and if you would like to send me the info, I would be happy to receive it!

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 3:48AM GMT
Thanks for posting it, I didn't know that he was First Nation but if I get some more info I will be happy to share with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions