Search for content in message boards

FRANCIS

FRANCIS

Graeme Lear Ardern (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FRANCIS, GREER, LEGGETT, LEGGITT, GRACIE, SPENCE
Searching relatives of the FRANCIS family. My Great Grandfather THOMAS FRANCIS married ANN JANE GREER . Thomas's brothers were William, Richard, Robert & George.
Relatives of this family include the Leggett or Leggitt family, Greer, Spence & Gracie families.

FRANCIS & GREER

Posted: 7 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FRANCIS, GREER, GRACIE, LEGGETT
Hi Faye,

My G / Grandfather THOMAS FRANCIS married a ANN JANE GREER
and settled at Ballenewry, Porterdown, County Armargh where he farmed for a good number of years. They raised a family of 2 sons and 3 daughters, although two other children born to them as very young infants. ANN died in 1896 and as 2 of the sons and a daughter had already emigrated to New Zealand and were living at Omokoroa, he and the remaining two daughters also shifted to NZ in 1902.
I will be e-mailing you privately with my direct lineage.
Other names connected with my lineage are FRANCIS, GREER, LEGGETT, SPENCE, GRACIE, McCLINCHIE, and JOHNSON.

Regards from New Zealand, Graeme Lear Ardern

FRANCIS, GREER

Posted: 7 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2001 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: FRANCIS, GREER, PEDLOW
Also looking for a FRANCIS, GREER connection.
James FRANCIS b.c1755 m. Jane PEDLOW b. c1757 and lived at Lisacurran, Co. Armagh
A son James b. 1784 (my gtgtgt grandfather) m. Rachel Stuart and emigrated to Ontario, Canada
A dau Ellen Anne b. c1780's m. Thomas GREER and had at least 2 children, Joseph & Jane.
Any help would be appreciated.
Fay Bennett, Ontario, Canada

Greer family

Ann Glasson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GREER, MALCOMSON
My great-great-great grandmother was Rachel GREER who married joseph MALCOMSON in 1822 in Belfast. I have recently found one of their sons, Joseph was born at Lurgan, Armagh. Lurgan is very close to Portadown. joseph and Rachel's son, Thomas( my great-great grandfather) married in Dublin and emigrated to New Zealand in 1866 before settling in Melbourne, Australia in 1868.I know very little about my Irish ancestors.
regards from Melbourne
Ann Glasson

GREER & MALCOLMSON

Posted: 4 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT

Greer & Malcolmson

Graeme Ardern (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Francis, Greer
Hi Ann,
Thanks for your new e-mail address. Will send you a private e-mail.
Cheers, Graeme.

Malcomson family

Posted: 24 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2003 7:33AM GMT
Surnames: MALCOMSON, GREER
I am just sending this to let you know of my new email address.

Leggett family

Barbara Brown (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Leggett
My g.g.grandparents Samuel and Ellen Leggett came from Pointz Pass, Ballymore. Arrived in Aust. 1842 on board "Agnes". Settled in the Hunter Valley. Any connection?

Leggett

Graeme Ardern (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Francis, Greer, Leggett
Hi Barbara, Dont know too much about the Leggett connections but know there was a Samuel LEGGETT & a couple of sisters who were cousins to my Grandmother, Margaret FRANCIS. My great Grandmother was a GREER and I understand that the GREERs are also connected with the LEGGETTS as well.
Will e-mail you privately with what info I have.
Regards, Graeme.

Leggett

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Leggett
Anyone hear any stories of two brothers coming to the US from Wales? My Leggett ancestors are from Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana and Texas. Any one know anything about them?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions