Search for content in message boards

McCarthy's in Michigan

McCarthy's in Michigan

Posted: 3 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: McCarthy
I am searching for information on Timothy McCarthy and family. Timothy was born about 1840-1843 in County Cork. Probably the Allihies or Eyeries area. He came to the US and settled in Houghton County in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Around 1865. He was a copper miner. He married Margaret Shea (from Ballydonegan) in Houghton in 1868. They had 11 children. Patrick, Dennis, Mary, Abbey, Murty, Margaraet, Tim, Quinlan, John, Hanorah and the 11th I have not found as of yet. I am a desendant of Quinlan.

McCarty's inMI

Becky Preston (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McCarthy, Quinlan
This is probably a stretch, because I don't have a lot of info on my McCarthy's before 1840. The decendent I'm looking for is Thomas McCarthy(McCarty) who was born someplace in Ireland in 1840. His wife, Sarah Quinlan was born in Ireland in 1843. They were married in 1865, I'm not sure where, but they ended up in Michigan. I believe in or around Ecourse. The dates are close, and the Quinlan name is interesting, but related? Let me know if any of this rings a bell. Thanks, Becky
Posted: 18 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 11:49AM GMT
Surnames: McCarthy, Shea, Lowney, Uonhi
Hi Becky,
As far as I know all my McCarthy's were up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. They did have some cousins that settled in Butte, Montana. We have been trying to find out if Quinlan is some kind of family name. Some say that if your born around a saints day then you get that saints name. He was born around St. Quinlan's day. I have not come across any Tom's as of yet. I will keep your posting on file so that I can contact you if I do.
Good Luck,
Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic