Search for content in message boards

Places to stay in Sligo

Places to stay in Sligo

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 7:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

We are looking for recommendations on where to stay while visiting County Sligo in June 2013.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Nancy A. Daniels
Cape Cod, MA
USA

Re: Places to stay in Sligo

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 2:25AM GMT
We've stayed at Temple House twice which is out in the country south of Sligo town. It is a wonderful old estate. Look it up on the web: templehouse.ie The big house has several B & B rooms; plus there is a small house for rent on the property. Love it there!

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 5:02PM GMT

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 6:44PM GMT
I don't know if you are able to use Tripadvisor in the States. But that is a very useful tool to have when choosing a hotel. The customer reviews are well worth reading. I noticed that the Sligo Park Hotel has a good track record. Part of it overlooks the Benbulben Mountains so it will be spectacular scenary, my ancestors had a farm at the foot of that mountain, still in the family but only used for horse grazing now. You know how it is in Ireland!!
Anyway they're be plenty of lovely hotels depending on whether you want to stay in town or the surrounding area.
Good luck in your search. Its makes me want to return to that beautiful country and I only went last year!

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 2:43PM GMT
Thank you for this suggestion. It looks like a great resource.

Nancy

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 2:43PM GMT
Thanks for that suggestion. It looks perfect.

Nancy

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 3:21PM GMT
my aunt and I are planning a trip as well...

Looking for family roots in Sligo, love suggestions! Keep them coming...

Not sure if staying in town is the right thing or staying outside. I believe family came from the area of Easky...

Did you drive around? That part scares me...LOL I drive lots for work so I am fearful of forgetting to stay LEFT... ROFL

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Hannon/Ratchford/Carden/Flynn
I spent 4 days with my daughter in the Easkey area 2 summers ago. Easkey is a lovely little town. I stayed at the Tara Farmhouse B&B just a wee bit outside of the town. Sweet owner, lovely sweeping view of the town from the high ground. I have another recommendation given to me for a B&B right in town, but the name escapes me at the moment. One benefit of Easkey is that you can take the seaweed baths easily :) My Hannon/Ratchfords/Flynns/Cardens are from Kilglass and Calstleconnor parishes. Happy to share more ideas/info.... need to get back there... jealous ;)

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 2:25PM GMT

Correction.... was referring to Enniscrone, not Easkey in the previous post (brain skip, sorry)

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 2:35PM GMT
well...technically I believe my family was from Carrowpadeen and Carrownrush [both near Rathlee] closer to Enniscrone then Easkey or Sligo Town ;)
Did you go to do research?

Laurie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions